Drive

ChrisMac

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
We've been away since August 31st to France Spain now Portugal not seen one Funster yet or I'm not seeing your smiley face stickers! Where are you all?
Anyone coming to Turiscampo?!

Is the site there full up? We're heading south tomorrow from Lisbon, stopping halfway down, then on to Algarve. Nothing booked yet. Weather here been bad for the past few days ☔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gin Palace

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Is the site there full up? We're heading south tomorrow from Lisbon, stopping halfway down, then on to Algarve. Nothing booked yet. Weather here been bad for the past few days ☔
Hi
Site changes every day people arriving/leaving all the time westher going to be much better from Wednesday so site tends to fill quickly when sun arrives! Best pitches here are nos 2-7 multi serviced much cheaper if you stay 1 month or longer a lovely site.

OP
OP
Gin Palace

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Hi
Site changes every day people arriving/leaving all the time westher going to be much better from Wednesday so site tends to fill quickly when sun arrives! Best pitches here are nos 2-7 multi serviced much cheaper if you stay 1 month or longer a lovely site.
come and say hello if you stop we are on pitch 2!

ChrisMac

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Will pop into say hello Was looking at the month long stay, looks good value, is it good for walking/cycling in the area, we enjoy seeing the place by foot or bike if possible.

OP
OP
Gin Palace

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Will pop into say hello Was looking at the month long stay, looks good value, is it good for walking/cycling in the area, we enjoy seeing the place by foot or bike if possible.
Yes you can walk/bike to Praia da Luz and Lagos is bike able but you do have to use a main road for part of the way, if not bus stop right outside site. Pool/bar/restaurant/shop all open on site.
pitch 4 is nice. Don't go up the top of site building work going on gets noisy.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014

We found several nice walks behind the sight last year. Go out of gate turn left, then next left, go passed the school and then lots of options, very green and rural. There is also a coast path at Praia da Luz.

Beemer

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Lincolnshire & Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2 Years
Has anyone stayed at Campsite Trindade in Lagos ? I'm thinking of spending some time there in December.

OP
OP
Gin Palace

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Has anyone stayed at Campsite Trindade in Lagos ? I'm thinking of spending some time there in December.
We haven't stayed there but we have seen it only last week it is awful, do not be fooled by the website pics it doesn't look like that graffiti everywhere run down filthy toilets long termers living in very old caravans with tarpaulin covers. Probably the worst campsite we have seen. Most people stay at the Aire in Lagos by the Marina and football stadium or a site on the outskirts in Praia da Luz.

OP
OP
Gin Palace

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
We have moved to Pitch 4 now more sun! Glass of wine tomorrow evening or meet at the bar if you are here?

Beemer

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Lincolnshire & Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2 Years
We haven't stayed there but we have seen it only last week it is awful, do not be fooled by the website pics it doesn't look like that graffiti everywhere run down filthy toilets long termers living in very old caravans with tarpaulin covers. Probably the worst campsite we have seen. Most people stay at the Aire in Lagos by the Marina and football stadium or a site on the outskirts in Praia da Luz.

Many Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to re-think where to stay

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
At home in a very wet notloB while Mrs Badhnee works a fourteen hour shift plus an hour traveling at each end of the day for our glorious NHS.:(

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Anybody on the camping at portamao marina if so is it busy looking for a change in olhão at the moment

A few Funsters here...

Loads more space here than last year.

JJ :cool:

PS. I am not "camping",

I am motorhoming... A/C, hot and cold water to bathroom and sink, flush toilet, central heating, kitchen extractor fan, solar electricity...

"Camping"? I think not :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks mate may pop down in car for a look stay the night any good bars

I don't go to bars... I am a good boy... but Jim does and so does John aka Sheriff.

(Ok... sometimes they force me to go with them...)

The new site people are sorting out a Bus Bar at the entrance as I post this.

JJ :xcool:

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Santa Maria , Cape Verde
27deg. Light breeze, sunny
2nd.beer :) to make me eligible to use the WIFI

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
currently in albuferia portugal staying for a few days in the albuferia sol hotel brilliant place
will be back to benidorm in few days

OZZIE EN ME

Free Member
Dec 19, 2015
cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
auto trail commance
Exp
since 2013
We've been away since August 31st to France Spain now Portugal not seen one Funster yet or I'm not seeing your smiley face stickers! Where are you all?
Anyone coming to Turiscampo?!
Hi will be coming in march .Whats the site like as we have never been thanks ozzie en me

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We are at base in Totana, we have some undercover Funsters on the camperstop.

OP
OP
Gin Palace

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Hi will be coming in march .Whats the site like as we have never been thanks ozzie en me
Fab site best on the Algarve in our opinion immaculate and well kept staff friendly were there for 8 wks large pitches toilets and showers are the best we have seen so modern and clean. Site is on its own but you can walk to Praia de Luz bus stop to Lagos and Luz.
Enjoy!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back