Where are Funsters Skiing 2017 (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Reckon we're gonna try Montgenevre for a couple of days then Serre Chevalier both have aires so no problem. We never book, just keep an eye on the snow reports then up an go but always try to avoid French holidays. We've skied both resorts in the past although many years ago so be nice to see how they've changed plus an easy run into Italy if the fancy takes us.
upload_2016-12-15_11-48-33.jpeg
Come on tell us your plans.
upload_2016-12-15_11-50-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-15_11-50-8.png
    upload_2016-12-15_11-50-8.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Rossendale :xThumb:..Many advantages over France and Italy, namely a very nice pie shop around the corner. x:-)

http://www.skirossendale.co.uk/

Brilliant when you going???? I'll meet you there I'm quite partial to a couple of hours on the ole dry slope to get the muscles working.:xwink::xwink::xrofl::xrofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
After the last 2 years suffering from poor snow in our beloved southern French Alps, especially early season, we are 'waiting and seeing' but hope to take the van out in March. We may even sneak in a cheap week (flying) in Jan if we spot a good deal and the snow is good :sneaky::xwink:

Happy Christmas Moho Skiers!

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
After the last 2 years suffering from poor snow in our beloved southern French Alps, especially early season, we are 'waiting and seeing' but hope to take the van out in March. We may even sneak in a cheap week (flying) in Jan if we spot a good deal and the snow is good :sneaky::xwink:

Happy Christmas Moho Skiers!

That's why we always wait for the snow, we can go anytime luckily. :xsmile:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Off to Pila in February half term ( flying due to time constraints ) then off to Les Deux Alpes at Easter in the Moho. Camping at Chamos Du Moulins as usual. :xgrin:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Brilliant when you going???? I'll meet you there I'm quite partial to a couple of hours on the ole dry slope to get the muscles working.:xwink::xwink::xrofl::xrofl:
I must admit, that during the past year or so, I have had to somewhat curtail the ski slopes, due to ill health. :cry::cry: However, just to keep my spirits up, and show some willing, I still frequent the pie shop.......:xThumb:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Off to Pila in February half term ( flying due to time constraints ) then off to Les Deux Alpes at Easter in the Moho. Camping at Chamos Du Moulins as usual. :xgrin:

Got some friends going to La Plagne half term got a chalet they've invited me over to spend the week.:xsmile:
Haven't decided yet but if I do go I'll drive out in the car really can't be arsed with flying anymore just a horrible experience nowadays.xroll:

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Water skiing main St Benidorm

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
It's Borovets in Bulgaria again for me, flying though ❄️

Cor that brings back memories went there over 20 years ago only just opened up then. Really run down no money after the Russians pulled out bet it's different now.
Remember the hotels filling up with local girls at night and seeing them staggering out in the morning. Every morning the kids would ask awkward questions.:xrofl:

Reactions: SOS

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Snow ok in Alpe d huez- mainly cannoned tho- but several other people have tx ed here as no snow in many resorts. Sunny and lovely here today [ we are not in the moho- in our flat- dont like the drive here in the winter!!]

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I can't ski anymore because my feet hurt too much:xsad:

My wife says I should try snow boarding because the boots are more comfortable but I am too fat for that:xgrin:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

I have tried everything to be honest.

I have paid loads of £'s for moulded boots but I have a weakness on the sides of my feet caused by too much rugby when I was young according to my doctor.:xsad:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I have tried everything to be honest.

I have paid loads of £'s for moulded boots but I have a weakness on the sides of my feet caused by too much rugby when I was young according to my doctor.:xsad:

Have a similar problem from an accident I had when motorbike racing but do manage it with moulded boots. Having said that it's bloody painful and the ski boots are definitely made for torture but I love it too much to give up yet.:xgrin:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Have a similar problem from an accident I had when motorbike racing but do manage it with moulded boots. Having said that it's bloody painful and the ski boots are definitely made for torture but I love it too much to give up yet.:xgrin:

I am ok on blue runs but if I go on even a red slope I have to stop half way down and get my boots off to relieve the pressure.

I love it too and my wife is a really good skier but I just can't do it anymore:xsad:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I suffer too with boots. I've had them professionally fitted, insoles shaped, mounded, etc but still find that my left foot goes numb within an hour or so and it just gets too uncomfortable and without the feeling in my foot, uncontrollable too.

So I took up cross country skiing and love it even more than I did downhill. It takes a lot more effort but I still get to enjoy the snow filled mountains and apres ski and I now have a totally different ski experience.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I have fitted boots, only thermal not injected
put them on in the morning don't unclip until tea time
size 13 /wide always means trouble:xeek:

Always end up with Head brand :xThumb:

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Sorry didn't read the title of the OP

Skiing in Les Gets Feb half term [Chalet, not MH]

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
So I took up cross country skiing and love it even more than I did downhill. .

The beauty of cross country lange laufen skiing with a MH is that you can visit all the small Austrian resorts and find peace in the Winter mountains away from the madding crowds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back