Where are Funsters Skiing 2017 (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Tignes at Easter, sil has rented a flat for 7 days from airbnb, driving down in his car, just me, him and oldest grandson.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We are off to Austria st anton or somewhere at one of the other fantastic sites with heated individual bathrooms.

Going last week in Feb first week in march but like most we are keeping an eye on the snow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Skied at Zakopane at the start of the season. High in the Tetri mountains in Poland. This was after driving leisurely through eastern Europe having set off in September from the UK.
Nice camp site at Zakopane (Pod Krakwia camp in camper contact ) little clip here on my vegan on wheels video

It's a cheap ski spot not at all touristy and just used by locals. We plan to return there maybe with our friends flying out to Zagreb and renting one of the cabins here with us in the van.. The slopes are spread around so you need wheels really though public transport does exist.
We wanted to ski in Abruzzo area this week central Italy but they were overwhelmed with the snow fall and had to close sadly so may be we'll try there on the way back up in march.
We're heading to Sicily now hoping for better weather and to try skiing on mount Aetna.
Is anyone else cruising around this part of Europe looking for snow?

Last edited:

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Cor that brings back memories went there over 20 years ago only just opened up then. Really run down no money after the Russians pulled out bet it's different now.
Remember the hotels filling up with local girls at night and seeing them staggering out in the morning. Every morning the kids would ask awkward questions.:xrofl:

It still has a rustic charm! However for someone like me who is rubbish at skiing and on a budget it is perfect. The snow there this year is fantastic, I just hope it holds out until March! ☃

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
we are now having a little think about going here http://www.seefeld.com/en/seefeld-tyrol

Has anyone been? as the snow is improving then so are our options... getting a little choosy this year. :rolleyes::cautious::p

5 weeks to go

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
we are now having a little think about going here http://www.seefeld.com/en/seefeld-tyrol

Has anyone been? as the snow is improving then so are our options... getting a little choosy this year. :rolleyes::cautious::p

5 weeks to go

Did ski there several years ago for a few days - stayed at the stellplatze in Hall and drove there - no problem parking a bottom of funicular - from memory 2 seperate areas =good intermediate - lots of cross country skiing -we would go back - There was a campsite but was expensive i think?

Mrs Matt on wheels

Free Member
Apr 7, 2017
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
Auto trail scout 2016
Exp
Since 2016
Next February we are going to Ruka, we have only skied in France....all lovely and great ski schools for the children... we are hoping to do more family skiing next year, if we can keep up with our 5 year old!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back