Where are border food checks taking place leaving our ports for Europe? (1 Viewer)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
The lorry driver ham sandwich incident indicated that the Dutch were doing checks on arrival in The Netherlands.

Does anyone know where the French checks are taking place, i.e. before you board here or on arrival Calais etc.?

I wonder if in time we will see French dairy products able to be purchased on the ferry?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
The lorry driver ham sandwich incident indicated that the Dutch were doing checks on arrival in The Netherlands.

Does anyone know where the French checks are taking place, i.e. before you board here or on arrival Calais etc.?

I wonder if in time we will see French dairy products able to be purchased on the ferry?
If its the tunnel you go through British then French on Dover soil. The drive straight off to the sun

On the way back it is the opposite

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

I reckon they will soon get bored with it and stop bothering. The Dutch in particular are more likely to be sussing what happens generally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
Used to be the same restrictions years ago they never checked anyone.
My car was nearly always searched when leaving from or returning to Hull. Boot and all bags emptied. Never searched when on Seacat or hovercraft. Perhaps the difference was family car, shorter hair and children.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back