Where are all the Funster's in Portugal? (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We are still down south, wild parking near Carrapteira after spending a wild and stormy night at Cape St Vincent.
Colin & Sandra,
We were going to stay at St Vincent, but found a really good spot overlooking the beach at Sagres. All we heard all night was the sound of the waves. We were lucky as we had a very still day and night. Had a good meal in a restaurant 200yds away. We also went to Carrapateira too, thanks to Cliff and Geraldine's recommendation. Beautiful Aire on beautiful beach.

Unfortunately we are now back home :cry::cry:

Peter & Angela

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Viennese.
This "Aire" by the mouth of the river has been changed i believe and you now pay.. However,a few years back it was a trek to get water,so unless someone has been since it was spruced up and can say if there is water now on site,LOAD up before you get there.
Tea Bag
Not sure which aire you mean Ted. We spent a lovely night on the beach near Cascais before moving on to see the wonders of Evora. Now in Vila Nova de Milfontes, excellent Orbitur site, for 3 days before going to see my cousin in Aljezur.

Catherine

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Some pics from the beautiful Aire of Barragem de Povao, we will drag ourselves away tomorrow :cry: heading up to Benquerenca on Dave "Busmans" suggestion (y)
DSCN0220.JPG
DSCN0237.JPG
DSCN0245.JPG

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Love to tell you but if I do all the frogs will turn up.

And from what a couple of locals have told me, they have probably ruined it for evryone else with their obnoxious, arrogant and downright disgusting habits of emptying toilets anywhere.
Apparently, there have been quite a few anti-french slogans and pleas for the authorities to clamp down on "free" parking/wild camping areas for motorhomers. (Of course, not all French are bad but as with everything, the brush usually tars all the same.)
With Morocco out of bounds for the majority of them, Portugal has been their off-season destination of choice. And probably will be for some time to come.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Looks good Taff. We are still far too South and need to get our skates on soon, but Potugal is just too good to rush. Love it here.
We are at Praia De Melides which is beautiful and free, but the dog barking at night is driving us crazy. Will move on tomorrow.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
And from what a couple of locals have told me, they have probably ruined it for evryone else with their obnoxious, arrogant and downright disgusting habits of emptying toilets anywhere.
Apparently, there have been quite a few anti-french slogans and pleas for the authorities to clamp down on "free" parking/wild camping areas for motorhomers. (Of course, not all French are bad but as with everything, the brush usually tars all the same.)
With Morocco out of bounds for the majority of them, Portugal has been their off-season destination of choice. And probably will be for some time to come.
Ok I am now I'm in frog land making my way back up so I can justify stealing water from the aires and not paying for anything, also going to let my dog shit any we're it wants and leave it for other motorhomers to pick up.

Just kidding wife would slap me daft.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Last day today at Braganca(n) leaving for Spain in the morning! Hope everyone that is still in Portugal have a great time

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Feel really sad to be leaving Portugal tomorrow. But at least our last day has been lovely and sunny at Barragem de Póvoa. I am really going to miss the beauty of Portugal, especially the wild flowers.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sandra, are you travelling up through Portugal, or through Spain - if Portugal take a few days at the top north west bit - Galicia - I loved it there - weather not brilliant - but the tapas - magnifico!!!!!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I wish Ger, but we have run out of time as we have dawdled down here too long. Straight out tomorrow into Spain and heading towards Salamaca. Pretty much a straight line dash to Bordeaux, a quick flert with Brittany and then Normandy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back