Where are all the English? (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
France is trying to increase its road safety (appalling figures) and if they pay for their road safety improvements by fining speeders then I get that. Speed cameras as you enter a BUA makes common sense too, it helps ensure that ‘drivers’ follow the ‘max’ limit throughput the village/town/city.
But the main reason for it is the appalling drink driving figures, nor speeding.
Out of interest does France have speed humps everywhere?
Plenty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I got flashed a few weeks ago on the peage. I was nowhere near the 130km limit. Probably travelling around 100kmh. Did the camera think I was in a truck and if so will the picture when looked at be rejected?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
It is very rare we venture onto one of our major routes without seeing a Brit van coming towards us. They are easy to recognise without being able to see the number plate as they are all of a distinctive shape with big letters on the front that says.......AUTOTRAIL

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
More bollocks and bullshit, but then it is what is expected in the present environment when the truth only ever comes a very poor second...
Just try telling me which part of what I said is bollocks and bullshit? Every word is true and from my own personal experience of spending a great deal of time in a country I love. I’m out of here with comments like this.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I got flashed a few weeks ago on the peage. I was nowhere near the 130km limit. Probably travelling around 100kmh. Did the camera think I was in a truck and if so will the picture when looked at be rejected?
Quite likely, yes, as the speed limit for an HGV would be 90.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
You know, I have one year off going to France and adjoining countries and everyone is shouting there's no British.

Jul 22, 2013
Altrincham
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718xlb
Exp
I was a newbie
Saw about 10 uk vans at Lac de L'Orient and 5 or 6 here in Belfort, although now the tour de france has moved on, there are now only 2 here.....

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
We are making our way from Greece to UK. Currently just south east of Limoges.
Apart from one occupied by a couple of Aussies on the ferry from Greece, we haven't seen any UK registered motor homes at all yet.

Mar 24, 2019
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
We’ve been on the continent for 6 weeks- Spain, Portugal and France and we’ve seen les than 10 UK plates in that time. I’m guessing it’s Brexit related- impact on pound and maybe some worried about negative reaction. We’ve had bemused interest from Germans and French on why it happened but no animosity.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Currently heading south through France. Loads of motorhomes and I'd guess half are British. I think most were just waiting for the school holidays to finish. Cite europe aire was also busy on Saturday.

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Going back to the original post "Where are all the English". If you were Scots, Welsh, Irish or some of the Islanders you might ask "Who cares".
Somewhat wreaks of the days of football hooliganism when Jimmy Hill commentated at football matches.
If drunken English football fans were causing havoc statements like " a shocking day for British football" . If Scottish fans did same it was "Drunken scottish yobs". All deplorable conduct.
It is no wonder the British Isles are so split.
Boom.
Should cause a stir this 1.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back