Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
yes perhaps.. and indeed..

but your post implied that if they didn't do as you, they were "new to Motorhome life" .

that is being judgemental about how they do it.. and indeed how we do it..

as you said "whatever peeps do is up to them"
Sorry but I was not being judgemental but rather quoting what was said to me by 2 owners who we chatted with.Both were new vans and neither of the owners had ever stayed on A aire de camping car. They may now be on here and read this after me telling them how friendly and helpful folk are on here.Sorry if I hit a nerve!
Have a nice day

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We don't limit ourselves to only Aires or only sites. Normally stay on Aires for a max of two nights, which gives enough time to see what's around but if it's somewhere really nice then we might stay on a site for several weeks. You could say that doing that we would be better off with a caravan but we still need to tour to get there and back and for that only a motorhome will do.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I haved solved it, I called in cite Europe yesterday, bugger me, they are all there(y)

When travelling I rarely ever come across a UK plated van until I am the other side of Rouen on the way to Abbeville. as I continue on the D928 there & away from the A16 they all disappear again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Loads on camping Javea when we visited the other day, in fact we seen quite a few all summer germany france and Spain, I wouldn't say any different to any other year. :LOL: Bob.

Ps But must admit used more campsites this year, for an extra couple of euro's it gave us a pool and unlimited showers also more chance of shade if needed.

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I see Brits all over the place .... too many of em if you ask me, give the place a bad name .... why anyone goes to France is beyond me... terrible, been forced to eat French bread and patè cheese and grapes for tea as there’s nothing else to eat what with all this foreign muck and don’t get me on the wine...:sicker:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I see Brits all over the place .... too many of em if you ask me, give the place a bad name .... why anyone goes to France is beyond me... terrible, been forced to eat French bread and patè cheese and grapes for tea as there’s nothing else to eat what with all this foreign muck and don’t get me on the wine...:sicker:

Awe Mate! with you on this too! Not a decent wine from NZ , Chile or Australia to be seen, only bloody EU bilge water.
An' 'ave you ever ridden in the bloody Metro mate? All them strap hangers mate! jeeez! , some of the buggers are smelling a bit Ripe mate! Reminds me of the London Underground ! SHHHEEEZZZ!

An' the crazy buggers drive on the wrong side of the road!
Mate! Last time I had 'undreds of the blighters, hurtling towards me flashing their lights, blowing their horns Jeeezz how we survived I'm blowed if I know!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Just arrived at La Fleche and the Brits are all here!! Well I suppose it's quite near to the Channel ports...

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
It's strange isn't it just been to Germany and it was full of Germans, we are now in France not a German in sight but its now full of Frenchies. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back