When its over (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I think lockdown lifting and when I feel safe may be two different things.

Seeing my mum will be first on agenda.
Heading up to our house in Torridon - we can see no one if we want, or we could visit cafes/restaurants, if open.

Then MH - October is our last chance for Europe before summer 2021 due to work/study commitments. I’m thinking it’s not likely. But we may do some shorter breaks in Scotland. I don’t like crowds at the best of times but cities are certainly not on the agenda for at least a year.

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
I own a fifty unit park on the west coast of Scotland. One of our thoughts was to open the park at a slightly reduced rate and then keep the toilet and shower facilities closed for an extra month, Chemical emptying and water and electrics would of course still be available, Would that perhaps encourage people to travel, I have to make it clear. I really do mean when we are officially allowed to

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I won't be going far when the lock-down lifts. After a prolonged period of non-use, something is bound ti seize/fail and I'd prefer to be closer to home when it does. There's plenty to see and explore in the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I own a fifty unit park on the west coast of Scotland. One of our thoughts was to open the park at a slightly reduced rate and then keep the toilet and shower facilities closed for an extra month, Chemical emptying and water and electrics would of course still be available, Would that perhaps encourage people to travel, I have to make it clear. I really do mean when we are officially allowed to
Ian whats your site called ? I hope to get over to Oban and environs before the end of the year, we may even travel back from Shetland via west coast as there will be no rush to get home.

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
Never mind when it will be over. We live in a rural area, our main town has a population of less then 2,000 and has two small supermarkets to serve the town and the surrounding villages. We, therefore, recognise people and especially 'non local' cars when we visit the s/markets. Today there were three UK registered cars in the car Park, one I recognised and the other two were new to me. One of the other two cars' was definately a 'visitor'.................,

It didn't need Sherlock Holmes to figure that out.

The Parisians' have been stopped from visiting their Second Homes, but 'Brits' upto today - new restrictions came into force - are able to travel 700 kms through France to their Holiday Homes(?). I despair of people, especially my own countrymen who show absolutley no common sense whatsoever.

The problem is that we as 'Brits' living here get 'tarred with the same brush'.

Robert

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Hi, I’d like your address to please, we love the west coast and had packed ready to go up there just before the lockdown

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year

We recently bought our first MH to compete our tours around the outside of the UK (did the first half in an MX-5

Please send me your site details as when we are able to restart the trip we will need a Scottish west coast camp site

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Judging by the amount of Funsters saying Scotland here we come, the NCR 500will be a car park. I think a few carefully chosen places for us. Suffolk coastal maybe. That’s assuming we can get home first.
We have a few rallies booked, some already cancelled, the C and MC National for instance, a couple of blues festivals, Old bush etc, we’ll just see how things pan out (no pun intended) before decisions are made.
Phil

Apr 12, 2010
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We were due to head off towards Romania today! We’ll plan to go somewhere over/under the channel from September but not holding our breath...
So instead of Romania, you’ll Remain. ere.
Phil:giggle:

Apr 12, 2010
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
The EUs freedom of crossing borders could well be a thing of the past for some time. Interesting to see what they will do.
We, the U.K, probably won’t have any say in the matter.
We have had it easy for some time now.
Phil

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Right we must all be looking forward to the end off the lockdown. So Boris says it's over. What's your plans get away asap, stay put for a while longer or no plans yet.
And I mean when the lockdown is officially over. Not because you think it's safe.
The husband will go to the barber and I’ll shave off my beard.
1586391192377.jpeg

1586391592634.jpeg

Last edited:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Choice of a couple of "good food" Pubs, with camping. we know of. No more than an hour away. That should get the "juices flowing" again, give the M-H a good run, get the DPF, clear. and then a service. After That we will see. SWMBO`s Cancelled Operation, Day before the lockdown!!, will have to be rescheduled, and that is a 6 to 8 week "stay at Home" too.! Maybe we will look into getting some insurance cover for a month in Texas with the family over Xmas?. If I can get family to mind the dog, she hates kennels!.

May 24, 2016
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016 - this time
Judging by the amount of Funsters saying Scotland here we come, the NCR 500will be a car park. I think a few carefully chosen places for us. Suffolk coastal maybe. That’s assuming we can get home first.
We have a few rallies booked, some already cancelled, the C and MC National for instance, a couple of blues festivals, Old bush etc, we’ll just see how things pan out (no pun intended) before decisions are made.
Phil
It'll be like musical chairs, everyone following each other round then making a dash for the nearest campsite or park up. ?

Burstnerite

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Overcab Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Have tickets for the Jacobite for the beginning of September, so it MUST be over before then.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Started reading the thread and began to think where me and swmbo could go, when she gets a phone call telling her that one of her work colleagues had passed away overnight.
Brings things into sharp focus.

Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962
Like a lot of people who had plans for this year we had a nine week away planned to France so that's gone for this year and I don't think travel will be as free and easy as in the past even taking the B word into account I just feel sorry for all those whose once in a lifetime plans will be lost for ever so its grin and bear it and take whatever opportunity comes up and just enjoy being alive

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
First thing I'll be doing is a visit my innkeeper.
Sick of drinking cider.
Don't drink it then ... have a nice cuppa tea instead. :giggle:

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I can’t see this ending any time soon, and if it does I’m going to keep isolating, as far as possible, until the end of summer when, hopefully we’ll be able to get off to Spain via Santander to check our apartment in Andalusia and then tour central and Northern Spain back up through France to Roscoff. But the pessimist in me says that this’ll come back when the lockdown is lifted so it’s probably just wishful thinking?

Oct 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff Ar
Exp
Since 2016
Have booked for Carnon Downs for September 2021. Hopefully will be good!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back