When its over (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Right we must all be looking forward to the end off the lockdown. So Boris says it's over. What's your plans get away asap, stay put for a while longer or no plans yet.
And I mean when the lockdown is officially over. Not because you think it's safe.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I would need more than the end of lockdown. What is the situation in the country that you might travel to? We have been told that our annual travel insurance does not cover us for Covid19. Think our first trip(s) away will be in the UK

OP
OP
Innkeeper
Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
I would need more than the end of lockdown. What is the situation in the country that you might travel to? We have been told that our annual travel insurance does not cover us for Covid19. Think our first trip(s) away will be in the UK
Ment any where. Will people sit tight or go away even a week end in UK

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
What lockdown ? I have been working in the orchard today and I cannot believe how many people are about in their cars, 4 x 4’s, cars and a few motor homes.
I live just off the A3066, the road is off the A30 and takes one to Bridport in Dorset, it is quite a busy road with lots of lorries making for the coastal towns and villages.
This is busy normally over weekends but the last few days and especially today it’s been ridiculous.
The police are getting some stick today due to being “ heavy handed “ but they certainly need to get a grip on things down here.

BernieT

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 20, 2010
winchcombe
Funster No
MH
swift sundance 630g
P U B 1st and then head for which ever campsite by the coast is open and if they have room as would think everyone will be off asap.
If we can north wales working our way down or cornwall,thats if we cant get to france in july the 17 for a month.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
What lockdown ? I have been working in the orchard today and I cannot believe how many people are about in their cars, 4 x 4’s, cars and a few motor homes.
I live just off the A3066, the road is off the A30 and takes one to Bridport in Dorset, it is quite a busy road with lots of lorries making for the coastal towns and villages.
This is busy normally over weekends but the last few days and especially today it’s been ridiculous.
The police are getting some stick today due to being “ heavy handed “ but they certainly need to get a grip on things down here.

BernieT
Have you told them,they may find it useful to have local knowledge,whereas putting it on here is of limited use.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Quiz night................we have , as a team a goodly amount of winning vouchers which we were booked in to spend on a mega blow out on the 26th March,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pub/restaurant closed 25th March!

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Once all the restrictions and risk have gone, I'll gauge it then before deciding.

It may be that some areas are still not very friendly towards motorhomes for a while. Who knows.

Once everything is really back to normal - Scotland. For at least 3 months.

EDIT: Actually I think the first thing will be actual contact with others :)
A pub, see family, a meet, a meet at a pub :) Miss the social interaction already.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
It's gonna be longer than we all think methinks.

The Three months isolation business, to me anyway, is looking a tad optimistic, September, October, is starting to seem to be more realistic.

K'sera sera!

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
Depends when it ends , was going to scotland early may then cornwall in september, wont go to scotland mid summer but would go to cornwall earlier, also depends on my work if I my firm survives the lockdown what holiday I will be able to take

OP
OP
Innkeeper
Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
My as some have said see family. But think that goes with out saying then see when ferries are back up and sailing

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
When we are safe to move i.e. UK restrictins moved I will. after visisting my friend in a nursing hoem and seeing the grandchildren and local friends, head for Scotland. Sister and I had a meeting pencilled in somewhere with a cottage for her and BIL and a campsite for us for this year. Think too a big familly gathering would be good, but would be a nightmare to arrange. but after that wh knows it was to be Italy in the spring and Portugal at the back end of the year, still want to do that.

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
We were due to head off towards Romania today! We’ll plan to go somewhere over/under the channel from September but not holding our breath...

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
May/June trip to Spain re-booked for September /October . again not holding my breath.

Patrick

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
First thing we’ll do once allowed to travel ?
We’ll go just an hour and fifteen mins away to our son Isaac and Beckies house. They had our first grandchild , a baby boy called Charlie last Friday.?
We are yet to meet him . I’m longing for a cuddle.?

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
As well as traveling about I also have a bit of a passion for angling and hope to use the van for fishing with a good friend in some of my favourite lakes in Mid Wales. Norfolk is somewhere I keep saying I'd like to visit, but never have. Likewise I'd love to do a slow tour of Ireland. I've done Belfast and The Causeway Coast but I've never been to The Republic of Ireland.

All that is assuming we are allowed out to play and I manage to make a van that is usable!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A family reunion which will probably mean a curry or pub somewhere and a trip in the MH to a local campsite 15 miles away if it is open!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I can imagine that the first weekend that any non essential travel restrictions are lifted, unless it is really poor weather, will be chaos. I doubt may campsites will have re-opened, as they'd need time to gear up, so laybys and other wildcamp spots will be overloaded. But as soon as we can un-sorn our MH's I'm sure we'll join the traffic jams.

Of course there might be many who are stir crazy and want to take a decent break. But most employers will be anxious to get staff back to work, so for those not retired meaningful holiday is likely to wait for 2021.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hopefully September time Sweden, Finland, Norway ,for a month or so if they let us in .
Already stocked up with essential standbys from cancelled trip.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Gus you are right, our daughter in Cyprus has to text to ask permission to go out, has to wait for a text back giving permission, only once a day, one person, her children will be housebound for months. At least we can go for a walk, although I believe Cyprus has it right and she is safer there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back