Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
During the 70's I worked for a taxi firm (private hire really, but no-one cared about the difference then) in Scotland, The owner had about 6 identical cars (Marinas) but some never went near an MOT station. We used to swap the plates and take the best one.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I remember during a budget speech, George Osbourne ( remember him?) Stated that new vehicles would form then on only require MOT test after FOUR years, I have never heard anything about it since then, Does anybody know about this or hear it at the time?
Who?

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I took our MH in for its MoT this spring and they failed it on a faulty rear light. They fixed the light but forgot to re-test it. I picked it up when they said it was ready, paid for the MoT as usual, didn't check the paperwork and drove out of the MoT centre without a valid MoT. Fortunately it went straight back to storage and stayed there for a couple of weeks until, checking paperwork in advance of a holiday trip, I realised there was a problem. They sorted it quickly and I forgave them - they're excellent otherwise.

Moral of the story - always check the paperwork when collecting the vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I can remember when MOT first came out,,think it was 15 shilling if you took the vehicle for test but for 30 shillings you could get the pass without them seeing it...Happy days,,,BUSBY.

Yes but then you could buy the same car for a fiver, beer was 15p a pint and 20 fags the same;)

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Never had to buy a certificate iny youth......we all knew which garage to use.
Fortunately those days are long gone. As a Traffic Cop in the 'old' days I used to stop some real death traps on the road. Sure there may be some dangerous vehicles on the road these days but in nothing like the number there used to be.

KH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back