When Is A Campervan A Motorhome? (1 Viewer)

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
When we're out for the day and it's time to get back to wherever we're pitched up we tend to say things like "Time to go home", so I guess it's a motorhome whatever size or shape it is.

John

lauren/luke

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Funster No
we have a Renault timberland endeavour we just call it the other van because we have a old transit motorhome 35 years young we call her Bessie that's our penny woth carry on camping pam del

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tecnikal

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Although ours is an IH Motorhome it is only a van conversion which I use as a daily vehicle. Sometimes when travelling to various work appointments I need to park onsite. If I say I have a motorhome they say they haven't room for motorhomes, but if I say it's just a camper van they say no problem, they can squeeze us in.

Sometimes I say it's a motorhome but camper van size so they don't think I'm turning up in an 18 wheeler.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
This is just my opinion.

If you have a permanent or semi permanent bed, a separate room with a fix toilet and shower and cooking facilities that you don't have to drag out of a cupboard then you have a motorhome.

If you have to pull your cooking facilities out of a cupboard, or your toilet is in a cupboard in the main area and you don't have a shower then you have a campervan.

I think its basically the difference between being civilised or not. A civilised person doesn't expect to have to walk to another building for a shower nor do they expect to use the toilet in the same space that they will be sleeping in or eating later. Camping on the hand can be great fun but not exactly the height of civilised living.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
When I see people on bikes freezing and wet in tents I call mine a glampervan ;)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back