When a Porsche 911 and a Bugatti Chiron tried to overtake a Motorhome. (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Typical, no photos of the MH or any mention of how the MH occupants are!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Have they taken into account the MH owner's 2 Submarine Rolexes, iPad and Ā£3,000 which were destroyed in the crash.
When submarine Artemis sank at HMS Dolphin all the crew filled in some amazing insurance claims. Skipper mustered the crew, told them the boat would be salvaged and gave them back their insurance claims for ā€˜recheckingā€˜.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
2 weeks ago on the m1 I took my usual long look on my mirrors and one long signal before moving out into the centre lane to overtake a waggon. I was halfway out when the car behind me started to pull out. I hesitated and started to return to the Insde lane but he'd seen my and pulled into the outside lane causing a BMW doing about a ton or more to swing into the centre lane to avoid hitting him, but nearly clipping me.
It shows, you're only one or two idiots away from meeting your maker, however careful.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
2 weeks ago on the m1 I took my usual long look on my mirrors and one long signal before moving out into the centre lane to overtake a waggon. I was halfway out when the car behind me started to pull out. I hesitated and started to return to the Insde lane but he'd seen my and pulled into the outside lane causing a BMW doing about a ton or more to swing into the centre lane to avoid hitting him, but nearly clipping me.
It shows, you're only one or two idiots away from meeting your maker, however careful.

This kind of ton-plus speeding (illegal) and excessive speed for the conditions anyway has become commonplace. More so with Audi than BMW drivers based on what I have seen on my journeys. Sometimes they race each other, undertaking traffic doing a mere 70 mph. Crazy and dangerous. Cuts to road policing are partly responsible.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
And guess who my sympathies are with...

No prizes on offer for this one :giggler:

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Couple of plastic cars damaged but no mention of the pride and joy of someone and their holiday.

GSD

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
North Scotland
Funster No
MH
Fifer Touring "M" 2017 E6
Exp
10 years +
"This kind of ton-plus speeding (illegal) and excessive speed for the conditions anyway has become commonplace. More so with Audi than BMW drivers based on what I have seen on my journeys."

Other brands are available !!:giggle::giggle:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Pretty sure the Merc driver was helicopter'd off the Gottard as he was in quite a bad way. From what i read when it happened a month ago the MoHo had some side damage but not too serious, that was from the Chiron stuffing into it.

I think only the Porsche was Swiss plated, the Chiron was French i believe and the MoHo was German. It is a slightly crazy road at times, especially in the summer.

Aug 12, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion.
Exp
According to the Mail article: "London has the most supercars in the world with 6,146,924 of them, followed by Moscow with 5,909,934 cars and then Los Angeles with 4,073,263."
Bloody Londoners with their one supercar per person!

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
"This kind of ton-plus speeding (illegal) and excessive speed for the conditions anyway has become commonplace. More so with Audi than BMW drivers based on what I have seen on my journeys."

Other brands are available !!:giggle::giggle:
People should save the racing/ speeding for the Track and get their adrenaline kick there, have nailed many a ā€˜supercarā€™ on Track. But you wouldnā€™t drive like that on the road, not enough space, too many obstacles and there is no kitty litter on high speed radius if you slide off the black stuff !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back