Wheel Clamps

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by billkce, Oct 2, 2009.

1. billkce

billkce Funster

Ratings:
    +215
    Hi Everybody,

We have a wag in semi-storage on a friends paddock & use a wheelclamp when not in use.

However, we are going full time from March & was wandering whether or not to bother taking it?

I mean, what are the chances of the wag getting nicked on a pukka site or even from an Aire? Got alarms & immobiliser. . Is it really necessay to lug around that extra weight? Or should I be paranoid?:Sad:

Views please

Billkce

2. david price

david price

Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,whenever we go away home or abroad (abroad mainly) i find the alarm and immobilizer are enough.
    I do not have a wheelclamp and dont feel we need one but you have to do what makes you feel safe,thats all that counts.
    Goodluck on your travels.
    Dave

3. strathspey

strathspey

Ratings:
    +4
    . Is it really necessay to lug around that extra weight? Or should I be paranoid?:Sad:

As Dave says, do what makes you feel comfortable.
    I take a Disclok which covers the steering wheel and always put it on when I leave the van. I also carry a clutch & brake pedal lock which I use if I feel the parked location is a bit iffy. I don't use either of these overnight, but rely on the alarms I have fitted to the door and lockers.

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +14,421
    I take a Disclok which covers the steering wheel and always put it on when I leave the van. I also carry a clutch & brake pedal lock which I use if I feel the parked location is a bit iffy. I don't use either of these overnight, but rely on the alarms I have fitted to the door and lockers.

We do exactly the same.:thumb: