Wheel clamps......any advice (1 Viewer)

Hugo Hymer

Free Member
Oct 2, 2017
Funster No
Hello,
What's the best, most effective and easy to use wheel clamp for a motorhome? Thanks.......

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Never again for me, having tried to drive away before un-clamping one. Alarm, tracker, locked post in the driveway, video surveillance, guard dogs inside, even chain the tow bar to the fence before using another wheel clamp.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Hello,
What's the best, most effective and easy to use wheel clamp for a motorhome? Thanks.......
Try this: Park in your local town center around mid-day on double yellows. Go get a Maccy-D. On your return, you will find that someone has given you a free wheel clamp (y) Remove lock as per instructions on attached video. Put your nice new (and free) clamp into the MH, and drive away. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
When I was a tugger (many moons ago) had caravan stolen from drive with hitchlock , a wheel clamp on each axle , from behind 5 bar steel gate with lock and chain on , so dont rely on it too much :(

it was etched windows and even tail lights , cris registered, was never found !!

Upvote 0

LuckyLuke

Free Member
Aug 16, 2017
France & UK
Funster No
MH
A - Class / Integral
Upvote 0
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
When we eventually get on, if it isn't too long we can park it in our designated spaces, (on farmland, between houses no driveway). We can use a post if we want to as we own the land, would that be better than wheel clamps please?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hugo Hymer

Hugo Hymer

Free Member
Oct 2, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for the help and advice, I suspect what it comes down to is if a thief is determined then wheel clamps,steering wheel lockswill not stop them, a big dog is not a realistic option for us.I was just hoping they might add as a deterrent and the criminal would move on to another target, and on that basis I thought some products would do a better job than others.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back