Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I had my mid-life crisis (at 50) and needed the sportscar I never had when I was young, so bought a Triumph Spitfire. Changed that for a 2 litre Triumph Vitesse Convertible, changed that for a 1978 Daimler Sovereign (XJ6) which I did weddings in to earn it's keep. Sadly old Jags don't like living outdoors and garage too small so sold it before it rotted away. That's the one I miss, like driving an armchair. No classic now we have the MH as nowhere to keep one.

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I am of the opinion that any vehicle that puts a smile on your face when you get into it is a classic,and when you just get into it for a ride round with nowhere particular to go,just for the hell of it,is a classic.
Classic example of this was when JJ took delivery of his Velosolex recently...I never saw a man happier with his mode of transport in my life.

I think that is spot on, one mans classic is another mans worst nightmare, if it is collectable and older then to someone it has to be a classic, ebay proves, most things can collectable by some one.

Cars become classics and collectable for all sorts of reasons, look at a morris 1000 most peoples of a certain age first cars, very collectable, personally wouldn't want one, I ran a lot of old yanks in my youth, I could buy them cheap, always loaded with good things like power steering etc and more to the point always found a buyer.

Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back