LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I have discovered something in the wardrobe of our new MH but I don't know what it is. In a black pouch (marked "Side Up" which I suspect is a brand name) is a length of rigid black plastic tube. It is about a foot long and an inch in diameter (I'm too old for metric: I only deal with rods, furlongs, furkins and their cousins) with angled ends and end-caps.

I haven't the faintest idea what it is for. Close inspection reveals the word "Sevel" on it, so it is obviously a Peugeot part rather than an Auto Sleepers one. All I can think of is that it is to aid topping up with Adblue from a large container. Do you think I am right, or is it for something else? Mr Google hasn't come up with an answer.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
image.jpeg
I've got one too and although I haven't checked it against anything yet, I'm guessing it's an extension filler tube for something like the windscreen washer bottle, which is tucked away at the back of the engine bay.

It would be nice to get the definitive answer and I haven't got a clue what the "side up" is about on the case !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Maybe with a carefully angled mirror at each end, it would be handy for those high hedges at the nudist camps :whistle:

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the picture Kingham : yes, that's exactly what I've got. I did think about filling the washer bottle but assumed (seemingly wrongly, as I haven't opened the bonnet yet) that it would be readily accessible. So you could be right. Or I could be. Or we could both be wrong!

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the picture Kingham : yes, that's exactly what I've got. I did think about filling the washer bottle but assumed (seemingly wrongly, as I haven't opened the bonnet yet) that it would be readily accessible. So you could be right. Or I could be. Or we could both be wrong!
There's nothing in the handbook suggesting you need to use an extension tube for the washer tank and on closer inspection, the locators on the 'shewee' don't have corresponding slots on the neck of the filler, so I've changed my mind and going back to not having a clue what it's for :(

To add to the confusion, the size and construction of the case that it's in, looks as if it was designed to contain more than just the 'shewee' ?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I can't work the picture out so what am about to say could be utter rubbish. I used to have mh with Peugeot engine and the oil filler cap was out of reach at the back .. in my case they had put an EXTRA oil filler csp at the front of the engine but someone said that some had an aadaption to enable oil filling.

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I have been thinking about the yellow end caps, as it occurred to me that they may be part of a colour coding system in the way (for example) that washer bottle caps are usually blue. Mr Google tells me that engine oil filler caps are usually yellow, which makes me think that Movan wins this weeks star prize!

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I can't work the picture out so what am about to say could be utter rubbish. I used to have mh with Peugeot engine and the oil filler cap was out of reach at the back .. in my case they had put an EXTRA oil filler csp at the front of the engine but someone said that some had an aadaption to enable oil filling.
I'll check it in the morning and let you know if it fits (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have been thinking about the yellow end caps, as it occurred to me that they may be part of a colour coding system in the way (for example) that washer bottle caps are usually blue. Mr Google tells me that engine oil filler caps are usually yellow, which makes me think that Movan wins this weeks star prize!

@Kingham ... even if it doesn't will you pretend that it does please ... I've never won a prize for being right before. :)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
:clap2: well done joy...
I was going to suggest a fuel filler funnel. .
A lot of new vehicles have those sealed fillers that only open when you insert the pump nozzle. .
They sometimes come with a funnel that fits the fuel filler and allows you to fill with fuel from a can etc...
Andy.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
@Stretto Boy Inside the pouch is a "fix & go" label, which I assume would normally contain the tyre gunk and inflator kit on those vans that don't come with a spare wheel. That would also explain it having to be stored "side up" and they've obviously got in to the habit of putting the oil filler tubes in the empty pouches.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I could do with one of those! Anyone have a part number please?.
It looks like it originally came in two parts which have been clipped together.

The long part of the tube has the number 1440302280 on one side, 3902 SF 3900 on the opposite side and PP TD 20 further round.

The smaller part which connects to the engine has PP GF 30.

No idea which of those are part numbers ?

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Kingham : thanks for checking. With help from others we got there in the end. As it's dual purpose, I'll now use mine to fill the beer reservoir Well I would do but alcohol is incompatible with my medication, so I am an involuntary teetotaller ☹️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back