Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I was in a motorbike shop yesterday looking for a replacement for the Honda I carry on the RV. A customer stood nearby overheard me talking to the salesman and when the salesman moved away he came over to talk to me. He was interested how I carried the bike on the RV as he also had an RV and carried a m/bike on the rear. It turned out he had exactly the same system as me and had made similar mods.
We got talking about places we 'd been and planned trips and it turned out he's going to Morroco with Ray Monteith Smith of Desert Detours on the same route as us in a RV (we're going on Scotjimlands trip). He's going a few months before us and promised to e-mail me on his return about the trip.

What are the odds of meeting a complete stranger in a m/bike shop in a city you don't even live in who's doing the same trip in the same vehicle many thousand miles from home as you.
:Eeek: Freaky

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I was in a motorbike shop yesterday looking for a replacement for the Honda I carry on the RV. A customer stood nearby overheard me talking to the salesman and when the salesman moved away he came over to talk to me. He was interested how I carried the bike on the RV as he also had an RV and carried a m/bike on the rear. It turned out he had exactly the same system as me and had made similar mods.
We got talking about places we 'd been and planned trips and it turned out he's going to Morroco with Ray Monteith Smith of Desert Detours on the same route as us in a RV (we're going on Scotjimlands trip). He's going a few months before us and promised to e-mail me on his return about the trip.

What are the odds of meeting a complete stranger in a m/bike shop in a city you don't even live in who's doing the same trip in the same vehicle many thousand miles from home as you.
:Eeek: Freaky

dont know the odds but i wish i'd had a tenner on it. :ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO::roflmto:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Does he need another bike carrier? We have just brought one in from the States to "try"...JC has designs on modelling it on the back of the Landau with his Monkey Bike on it :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Linda
Whats it like I have an easylifter which is ok but not great,could really be a bit beefier.
Do you have any photos of it .
I don't carry monkey bikes mine are full size units

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
2384783489983891898349031209324394188945775t948759457 to 1

Linda any pics/prices of the bike carriers,
Geo

U

ukrv

Deleted User

We pulled into a campground in ALASKA last year and stood behind a family who were their to collect a rental motorhome.

Now, not too many Brits fly to Alaska for a 2-week motorhome holiday, so to arrive at the campground at the same time was one thing.

But, we got chatting and found they live on the same road Ann-Maries parents live.

Small World indeed.

Paul

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
OK, don't get too excited....its only a basic one - spec given:

• mounts into a 2" receiver (maximum total weight 500 lbs.)

• adjustable for large to small bikes

• easy to use loading ramp

• black powder coat finish

• steel platform and ramp

Thought we'd give one a whirl to try it out..........

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Come along to the meet and you can both have a play! :thumb:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Well, we have the Monkey bike....I'm sure his arm can be twisted :roflmto:

L

Lindy-C