What's the Most important item in your van that you just could not do with out on your travels (2 Viewers)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
No contest .....

image.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
My wife and her handbag. She's got everything in it except the kitchen sink:whistle:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Clean Sheets (to be different).

But I suggest you take everything that you actually used on the previous outing.

In other words, remove everything that you didn’t use last time.

Think twice about anything that’s “just in case”. We only take the spare wheel on European trips, for example.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
As sad as it sounds, the Oyster Dish and associated equipment to get me TV no matter where I am in Europe (Intelsat 907)

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Old thread, but thought these were worth a mention I've started using micro cloths form home bargains 3 for 99p fine them very useful in the van especially when colder weather they dry quite quckly

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Think twice about anything that’s “just in case”. We only take the spare wheel on European trips, for example.
Not so sure about that. We never used to carry a spare at all until we had a massive tyre failure last November when we were only 6 miles from home that turned into a very stressful saga for the recovery. We now have a spare wheel that is permanently in the moho.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Old thread, but thought these were worth a mention I've started using micro cloths form home bargains 3 for 99p fine them very useful in the van especially when colder weather they dry quite quckly

Been using these for ages.

They are great to dry the worst off after a shower. Means the towels don't get so wet and definitely much easier to dry.

Denise

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Bit like sorting out a wardrobe - if you've not worn it in the last 12 months charity bag it.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I cant make my mind up , that's why its nearly 12tonne :LOL:

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
2 frying pans, a 2 saucepans plus a folding one,a couple of foil containers (very light disposable to save washing up)for use in oven plus a small roasting pan, a ridged pan for cooking steak, folding bucket and folding washing up bowl (very light weight), large salad bowl plus plastic disposable ones from Tesco, 2 click seal containers for keeping savoury and sweet bikkies in, an insulated plastic 'casserole' with lid (very light) for keeping bbq'd veg warm whilst meat/fish is cooking, iboost, mifi, e-bikes and batteries, clothes line on a stick, fleece blanket, 2 huge Decathlon microfibre bath sheets, jug with wet and dry measures, hand blender, a small basket full of herbs and spices, salt pepper and olive oil, coffee tin & cafetiere 2 bone china mugs and 2 plycarbonate mugs a folding tray/basket in the shower for shoes/sandals... Lots of knives, forks and spoons, a pair of salad servers, a couple of wodden spoons and spatulas, a bottle opener and a wine cork (just in case) Melamine plates small medium and large and cardboard plates large and small (to save on the washing up) Kitchen roll and microfibre clothes for use in the kitchen, bathroom and on the front windscreen. All our towels (bathsheets, bath towels, medium and small hand and tea towels) are microfibre as they dry quickly and are very light. We have just returned from 4 months on the Continent and with this lot wanted for nothing!!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back