Whats the etiquette on sites (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
People did giggle a bit at our van and I have to admit, when I went off to get water and saw it as they did I did realize it looked a bit as if the Lilliputians(?sp) had arrived.:roflmto:

Know what you mean.

Having a van that makes you smile can only be a good thing :thumb:

And if it makes some of the other miserable !*$%ers on the site lighten up as well, then I guess that can't be bad either :Smile:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
At Silverstone bike GP last week our "neighbour" erected those beach windbreak things around "his" area. Bit like a garden wall really.

I now have two and will deploy them at the next opportunity. :hardhat: ::bigsmile:

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
At Silverstone bike GP last week our "neighbour" erected those beach windbreak things around "his" area. Bit like a garden wall really.

I now have two and will deploy them at the next opportunity. :hardhat: ::bigsmile:

That reminds me of Thruxton BSB last year. We put up our two tents and parked our bikes next to them. When we got back after practice they were completely walled off with motor homes, we had to pick our way between them to find our tents. That was bad enough, but later in the day all the generators came out - just as well we were not planning on using the bikes as the only way that would have been possible would have been riding at high speed THROUGH peoples wind-breaks! ;) I can assure you the last thing on our minds was whether we were cutting across peoples 'plots' or not. They didn't seem to mind tripping over our tent ropes!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Quite like having a RH hab door - it's nice when with friends. Otherwise as others suggest park so your position offers your neighbour some privacy.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We were on a lovely site at Norfolk where those behind us just used to walk through and under our awning.....grrrrrr

Walk under theirs when they are sat under it eating a meal.
When they complain, explain how things work.
They will soon get the message.

If that doesn't work, there's always @Diabalo 's advice:

"Ask them politely not to do it on the first time, if that doesn't work the next time they do it give em a clump" :rofl:

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
:mad: They have heard of your sparkling personality

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That reminds me of Thruxton BSB last year. We put up our two tents and parked our bikes next to them. When we got back after practice they were completely walled off with motor homes,

Whereas in Le Mans we parked our MH in a nice empty space and within hours we were completely blocked in but tenters next to the morons from hell who played their ghetto blaster from 6 pm to 7 am. No chance of an escape.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If forced to use a site we always park with the hab door facing the same way as everyone else but if all else fails you could always do as this chap has done and fit a portcullis to all windows and park were you like :ROFLMAO:
Love the holes in the overhead bunk shutter.. proly there to shoot through to repel boarders !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back