What's the best way to remove light scratches on vinyl graphic (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

I am not sure that Charlie is on here anymore!!

Anyway from the little bit I "think" I know there are basically two types of graphic, a single layer which is just the colour and a double layer that has a clear coat on top, I believe that ours are the clear coated type as colour never comes off them, I polish them with Autoglym super resin or even a light colour restorer/fine cutting compound as a matter of fact I treat them just like I would paint, I know somebody with a Concorde and the blue comes off theirs as soon as you rub them.

Martin

EDIT possibly I should read up before I expressed my opinion but I did say the little bit "I think I know", this is a light read for somebody like yourself who likes to know how things work and are made(y) https://blog.signwarehouse.com/cast-aside-outdated-information-about-sign-making-vinyl/

Thinking now that I might be thinking about Calendared film and cast film.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael

I am not sure that Charlie is on here anymore!!

Anyway from the little bit I "think" I know there are basically two types of graphic, a single layer which is just the colour and a double layer that has a clear coat on top, I believe that ours are the clear coated type as colour never comes off them, I polish them with Autoglym super resin or even a light colour restorer/fine cutting compound as a matter of fact I treat them just like I would paint, I know somebody with a Concorde and the blue comes off theirs as soon as you rub them.

Martin
Thanks Martin, I had been loathe to try anything as I seem to remember reading on here that any form of cutting compound including polishes would irepairably damage them, but that wax was fine. I was on Camping Roche over the weekend and was trapped on a tree bound corner there is no damage save this light scratch, if it's even that, I'll get the steps out and look. Last time I was there in the RV and couldn't even get round the first bend, made a complete circuit in the Flair even though it is much more of a jungle now. Thanks again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

I read that as well and at the time I thought "well I polish ours all the time" I am sure it depends on the type of graphic as some may be multicolour prints and fades and some have matt finishes so its still worth being careful.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back