What's the best chinese sat nav from ebay for campers to buy under 50 quid? (1 Viewer)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
When ever anybody puts an eBay link up I can never get it. A square comes up saying open or cancel, which ever I press it just disappears

Deleted User
Not wanting to hi jack the thread but how do you update the maps on these cheap sat navs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
We use the xgody and it’s pretty good, has a truck dimension option, lane assist and speed awareness reminder. Excellent for the price. Not used it often enough for a thorough test but so far so good

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Not wanting to hi jack the thread but how do you update the maps on these cheap sat navs.

Join the Nozatec Truck Sat Nav UK group on FB. Latest map updates are available for download. They are big files, split into the various countries. Just download what you need and replace the files in the Content folder of the Sat Nav using a PC or laptop. Needs a methodical approach and a bit of concentration, that's all.

Deleted User
Join the Nozatec Truck Sat Nav UK group on FB. Latest map updates are available for download. They are big files, split into the various countries. Just download what you need and replace the files in the Content folder of the Sat Nav using a PC or laptop. Needs a methodical approach and a bit of concentration, that's all.
Thanks but not a user of FB.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
When ever anybody puts an eBay link up I can never get it. A square comes up saying open or cancel, which ever I press it just disappears
Colyn
Try clicking on the link a second time as long as the link is valid it should open.
Phil.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
So would the Xgody 886 be as good as say a Garmin 760lmt

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
So would the Xgody 886 be as good as say a Garmin 760lmt

No.

The one I have, the screen is not anywhere near as bright. It hangs on a regular basis. It fails often to find the satellites at a warm boot. Updating the maps is a pain. It has no battery life, and must remain on a 12v supply at all times. The software is generally quirky.

It does as a spare, what do you want for the money. :gum:

Steviechi

Free Member
Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ducato
Exp
2 years
Plus reversing camera feature just fails to work 9 times in 10.

Same issues with crashes (when you stop mid drive without reaching destination).

Same issues with acquiring sat positions (its slow and rubbish)

Problems with battery not working (you have about 2 minutes life without power)

Problems retaining settings (annoying ping when im driving down the A1 and tells me the speed limit is 30mph)

Its a big list of issues, from both units (i bought a second one for a trip to usa for rental car since it was so cheap).

OP
OP
Camping Gaza

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
I got a Wong Wong Cramper, trouble is it didn’t wok.

It no wok cos you brurry irriot. Bet is like you get chicken at takeway. You tell waiter you order of fry chicken is rubbery, he say "good I tell cook, you loving it !"

Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
I have had Nozatec and then moved to Xgody and certainly initiated a learning curve which I enjoyed doing. It does involve joining Facebook to get the proper updates and advice to get the device to work properly with the truck files. I noticed that somewhere that you can get an Android version of these devices and I believe they are “better” than what I am running currently.

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
It no wok cos you brurry irriot. Bet is like you get chicken at takeway. You tell waiter you order of fry chicken is rubbery, he say "good I tell cook, you loving it !"

No chicken. I ask for Peking, he say “why you want rook in kitchen”, I say “no rook just Peking - why you no broody risen”

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back