What's On Your "must Take" List. (1 Viewer)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I heard about the avon so soft so i got some for a holiday in moraira on the costa blanca and i got eaten alive lol
Stupid boy, it only works on the British lot not those foreign Ninga biters! :LOL::LOL:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Cash, credit card. The only essential.
Anything else forgotten is merely an inconvenience.
  1. I think it was @JJ who suggested that motorhoming shouldn't attempt to replicate life in your bricks'n'mortar home

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Good CD to sing along whilst driving; Mosquitos repellent (I'm awfully allergic) ; Spray against wasps (same reason!) also all the books I wanted to read during the year and could not find any time to (but most of the time there are too many) My special note book on which I write down all the funny things like sayings or jokes or play on words I read on FUN, and all the mistakes my private teacher corrects (free of charge ... MMmmm so he says:whistle::oops:o_O:p) all year long!
I'd like to be able to remember all the things , you funsters say all year long, be it funny, very clever, sensitive or just so very British. .... I'm afraid there's not room enough in my brain to remember all!

Frankie:):cool:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Bacon is essential.. Just can't get it there..
Data sim
Dog food
Anything else can be picked up there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Don't like e wine so first stop is Auchan to buy some and Fuel up the beast. We have a low wattage (1100w) electric griddle with glass lid, perfect as it can cook anything in it.
Wife now getting a taste for wine so have to put in a corkscrew for her !!
Make sure I have copies of all the required bits, just in case, insurance cert, breakdown number, driving licence, passports, cards numbers (in case lost or stolen) holiday insurance plus all the phone numbers for them .
When going abroad also remember to tell the bank/credit card issuer's that you might be using them when away.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As a lot of us have answered "wine" does anyone take a decent breathalyser with them as we do. French limits are significantly lower than ours.
Not up here in civilisation it ain't!:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
ant powder, to put around the wheels. once they get in they really are hard to shift.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......Apart from the increased chance of getting a sun tan, what the hell is the reason for crossing Gods Channel in the first place?? Insects, immigrants, driving on the wrong side of the road, gassings, robbery............And the damned place full of idiots who cant speak the Queens English, and smell of garlic. :)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......Apart from the increased chance of getting a sun tan, what the hell is the reason for crossing Gods Channel in the first place?? Insects, immigrants, driving on the wrong side of the road, gassings, robbery............And the damned place full of idiots who cant speak the Queens English, and smell of garlic. :)

Is that when you cross The Clyde?

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Corkscrew for the tonnes of decent wine that will be available in France and as we get to Folkestone we have Nostalgie radio frequency already set for the other side. Love cheesy 70 and 80s french and english music to drive around :) We also take our wind up radio which is amazing and also our own Green Tea, but other than that, we buy everything to eat over there, much more interesting than british nosh :D

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Essentials are passport, tickets, cash and credit card. Everything else can be bought from a shop en route.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Tea bags, Marmite, Jam (French conserve is toooooo sweet) Coffee, Salad Cream. Oh yes, dog, Passports, ummmmm!?! Oh, hubby, to do the driving!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
What you really must have are Fray Bentos Pies. Perfect motorhome grub.

JJ :cool:[/QUOTE]
That only applies if you have an oven or need to level the van a bit.
We went off to the Kent Show at Detling and when we got there SHE had forgotten to put cups in the van, they were in a bag with other things on the list but SHE forgot to put the bag on board..
Did you know that they do not sell cups at shows, or not that one anyway. Drinking coffee out of a tumbler seems wrong somehow

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Apart from massively improved chance of actually stopping in a relaxed manner,

Just what I was thinking after we eventually got parked on the wrong side of town, having been turned away from two other car parks, but then I got to choosing which winter clothing to select and wondering if the dogs also needed rainware before we trudged towards town to see what delights were on offer, the wind and the rain rather put us off having a greasy burger and tepid cup of tea on the sea front, amusements there were, but they didn't amuse me, I came to realise that the locals were struggling with the Queens english, didn't matter which side of the road you drive when traffic is static half the time, insects are preferable to frostbite and the smell of garlic wins over what I could smell. Oh well back to our 28 pound a night campsite to dry out, at least we had wi fi so we could look at chunnel timetables.

We did live in France for a few years and I will agree that much of the wine is of very dubious quality and much of the food is inedible but how glorious it is to be able to roam and be welcome in a motorhome.

What should I choose

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
The answer is Skegness (I was born there and went back for old times sake)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
I heard about the avon so soft so i got some for a holiday in moraira on the costa blanca and i got eaten alive lol

Just come back from Moraira, used Skin so soft and Deet but still gotten bitten on bits I missed. We bought Raid to spray the bedrooms as one night a rogue mozzie got up my pj shorts and had a midnight feast.:D
Skin do soft works for me with midges.(y)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
The more I go the less I feel I need to take.

Ice cube trays is really the only thing I bother to remember now.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Just what I was thinking after we eventually got parked on the wrong side of town, having been turned away from two other car parks, but then I got to choosing which winter clothing to select and wondering if the dogs also needed rainware before we trudged towards town to see what delights were on offer, the wind and the rain rather put us off having a greasy burger and tepid cup of tea on the sea front, amusements there were, but they didn't amuse me, I came to realise that the locals were struggling with the Queens english, didn't matter which side of the road you drive when traffic is static half the time, insects are preferable to frostbite and the smell of garlic wins over what I could smell. Oh well back to our 28 pound a night campsite to dry out, at least we had wi fi so we could look at chunnel timetables.
Just as I said. Stupid going abroad. Much better in England. (y)(y)
The answer is Skegness (I was born there and went back for old times sake)
Good lad. Glad you decided that France was crap. (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back