Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Last weekend we lent our MH to middle son for a wee trip. He just got home before the snow started but by the next day when he was going to bring it back to us the weather was too bad for him to move it. The waste water tap was already frozen by the time he got home and the waste tank is half full. The fresh tanks emptied no problem. It's getting colder and colder here. All the gas is now used up and he doesn't have the hook up cable with him. What's the worst case scenario we are looking at for damage to the water system after it thaws?
Mags

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If the fresh water tank is empty, and all the taps open the system should be ok. Regarding the waste water - Grey tank, there should not be any problem as it is just a holding tank. However, someone with more knowledge than me may know otherwise.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Don't worry Mags.

It sounds like you have taken care of most things. As long as you have the Fresh water empty, the water pump off, and if you can leave the tap open it will be fine. I have had frozen waste tanks on our old van loads when skiing. Get your son to just leave it open and as it heats up it will gently defrost. DONT GO PUTTING ANTI FREEZE AND ALIKE in it there is no need, just let time and warm weather heel it.
Some time's you can gt a little bit of a smell working its way back up the pipes but that is generally when you are trying to continue using it with the waste frozen, as we have had to on occasions.

So sleep well, Im sure your baby will be fine:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back