Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Ford transit twin wheel
Exp
3 years
Hi all just wondering do you ever wonder what happened to your old van?
Where is it now. Still going strong perhaps .. As I have a old van , and the guy I bought it of ,I could tell was going to miss it .As his wife wanted a newer more expensive one .. When I recently toured around France and Spain in it , I remembered thinking !! if he only knew where it was now and how it was still going strong .. Just a thought??

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
simple enough use the government website to check if it has a current mot and what was needed each year to keep it passing

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Not quite the same but our dogs were re-homed by owners who, due to a change in circumstances, had to give them up. As you might imagine both owners were desperately upset and wanted to follow their dogs future progress. We simply added the owners as 'friends' on Facebook and my wife regularly publishes photos of them in various situations. It works really well and the ex-owners comments show they really appreciate it.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I often wonder it its still on the road..... it never occurred to me to have a look... if I can remember the reg I will but having a senior momment on that now.... I'm sure I'll remember when I'm not trying :)... and have a look..
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Just checked our old one ( that we sold about 2 years ago) and it says no vehicle that matched the data you entered can be found. Very strange.
IMG_4997.JPG

Very strange as it was an 06 so not as old as a lot you see on the roads.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Is there any way to find out the address of an MOT test centre by using it's reference number? That way I'd be able to work out what part of the country my old MH is in.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
A true story.

We bought our first Motorhome just under 3 years ago. Buster was a 2008 Bessacar E560 - great van and we had loads of pleasure from him. He was immaculate

We traded him in for a new Kontiki last July and often thought of him and hoped he went to a good home.

Early in September we went for a long weekend to Pembrey CC site. We had packed up on our last day and as the Beauty Terrorist was strapping in the dog, I stood in amazement as Buster reversed onto the pitch next to us!!!

The couple had just bought him and it was there first trip away in him. It was there first Motorhome having been tuggers all their days.

Incredible.... the Beauty Terrorist got all misty eyed seeing him. The driver was looking a little concerned to see us two gaping at him.... we quickly explained why and they were chuffed...

He then asked me to take him through all the Truma controls etc as he had forgotten all the things the salesman had shown him.

Of all the places in all the world.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jeff and terri

Jeff and terri

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Ford transit twin wheel
Exp
3 years
J d k that's a good story and amazing really . I guess the guy who sold his to me would be pleasantly surprised to see it and pleased to know just where it has travelled to since parting with her

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I discovered our old 1978 VW camper, that we sold 17 years ago has a current mot and is still going strong. The Autosleeper we sold last year is now living on the Isle of Wight, the owner contacted me on another forum a couple of weeks ago for some info.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back