What you should know about me! (1 Viewer)

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
His first wife came from Sheffield, and second British Guiana NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT :rofl:
And I Failed You The Dark Knight Rises GIF

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I was taken hostage with a gun to my head in Africa and spent three weeks in an underground cell. It wasn't a lot of fun expecting to be killed and you soon learn what is important in life.
I wasn't concerned for myself but cried for what my wife and children would suffer.
Anyone that says grown men should not cry is welcome to test the theory under those circumstances.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I was taken hostage with a gun to my head in Africa and spent three weeks in an underground cell. It wasn't a lot of fun expecting to be killed and you soon learn what is important in life.
I wasn't concerned for myself but cried for what my wife and children would suffer.
Anyone that says grown men should not cry is welcome to test the theory under those circumstances.
Where was that? I was arrested at gun point in Zambia.... Nothing in comparison to your horrendous experience.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Bought a cane settee from our local tip for a friend’s new conservatory. Turned out she had already got one, so took it back to the tip and got a refund!

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
It is believed that my ancestor came over with William the Conqueror, one Count de Blancmain? and William gave him land in East Anglia? Where is it, I want it back! :LOL:

PS STILL do not know what 'thunb' and 'bump' means on a posting?:unsure:

Bump is just to keep the thread alive, bumping it to the top of the list.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Two things about me,
I once tried to emigrate to Belgium, it didn't go well.
I disconnected Fern Britton's gas fire as it wasn't safe, she had paid a lot to have it fitted and was not happy.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Many years ago, at the start of my coach driving career, I, like many others, used to drive coaches during the summer and C/H fuel oil tankers during the winter for Charringtons in S/W London.
Presumably, because I lived near Weybridge in Surrey, I delivered, amongst other places, to the Millionaires, Seven Hills Estate where a lot of the famous lived. Engelbert H, John Lennon, etc. and I remember delivering to a nice chap called Cliff Richard. (I wonder whatever happened to him? :LOL:)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I have sung, on stage, at the Royal Albert Hall on three occasions to an audience of thousands.

Unfortunately it was together with 999 other people on each occasion. (Welsh Male Voice Choirs 1000 people Concerts).

Just as well as, if I had sung on my own, there would have been the quickest ever evacuation of the Hall.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
My mother's maiden was Rawlinson, and that was the surname of the second convict to step ashore in Australia!
In addition...
Michael Barrett (1841 – 26 May 1868) was the last man to be publicly hanged in England, for his part in the Clerkenwell explosion in December 1867.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back