What would you like be improved about your vehicles? (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2019
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E-Line
I would like to see much lighter products (such as carbon fibre?) used for construction without compromising quality and practicality. Motorhomes are always near their maximum Gross Load which means electric power will be virtually impossible because of the weight of batteries. Therefore we need an alternative power source which is environmentally friendly and able to cope with the weight of a Motorhome without it going over weight (either at the 3500kgs or 7500kgs licence dependant points)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Definitely better build quality, plus lighter vehicles, ie. Lighter stronger materials so a 3500 kgs vehicles will carry more loaf , but can still be driven on a car licence when 70 years old, currently to carry sufficient load us over 70 have to have a vehicle over 3500 kgs and have a medical to get the correct driving licence. Plus but not least leisure seating needs redesign, for comfort .
Thanks

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Should read more load !! Sorry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Slide-outs - sections of wall/floor/roof that can slide out when you reach your camp site - are perfect for increasing the living area inside the motorhome. They are common on US RVs, and not unknown in Europe, but are very rare. They are best designed into the original vehicle, because I think they are a lot of work to add to an existing vehicle.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
As most people have said, everyone's needs are different.

For me, payload, payload and payload.

But my MH is a working tool, A Class with a large garage and underfloor storage, most of which cant be used because it puts you over weight.

I will say that a fixed bed is a big no-no, unless it comes for free as an over garage one, else it means you are just having half the MH useless when you are awake. I would happily go full height with my garage , and just use the overcab drop down .

Poor cookers and comedy taps and lighting are my personal gripes.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We have a swift kontiki 165. The fourth berth isn’t really suitable as a double could be bigger. Also setting the bed out is not easy.
We love our Motorhome it’s just on the odd occasion when we take twin grandsons with us that it’s a faff getting the bed out and then away.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Emergency 4 wheel drive.

Could this be something like electric caravan movers, fitted to the rear chassis to drive against the rear tyres just used to give you a little extra push to get you off a wet field. According to Wiki an average human can generate 1.2hp for a short time or 0.1hp continuously and we know a couple of folk pushing can help. Assuming 1hp to be about 750watts, a couple of 500 watt motors may help turn the rear wheels at the same time the front wheels are driving. As it is just an emergency debog system clever technology could mean the rear assist only works once the front wheels start to turn and cut off once over a few mph.

R1guy

Free Member
Sep 7, 2018
East yorks
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years
In my experience in both caravans and motorhomes is that with the type of seating that convert to beds are designed incorrectly.
The problem is that the design is compromised as they aren't designed specifically for one purpose but two so we end up with uncomfortable seats and uncomfortable beds.
Why can't we have either comfy seating or comfy beds instead of uncomfortable both.
I would rather have relaxing comfortable seating in the daytime.
Also all overhead lockers and drop down beds should have a nice soft spongy head safe covering on the underside.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
My thoughts on this are that Motorhomes should be equipped correctly with the equipment that at present is charged as an extra.
As others have commented payload is important therefore full air suspension is essential.
Electricity very important Solar panels and the equipment required to monitor and charge batteries.
A good battery bank essential.
Re fillable gas system.
Twin reversing cameras essential.
Large toilet cassette essential as some have very small cassette.
On top of these items there needs to be much more reliability built into the fittments such as fridges ,freezers and heaters as if you were to read through the forum there are endless threads about their problems.
As for build quality in our experience manufactures have slipped in their quest for excellence by not producing the quality products they claim and charge top rates for? By not having thorough pre delivery inspections and the qualified staff to produce their vehicles to a high spec.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
As a design exercise I'd like to see the addition of the sliding PVC door to the A-Class or low-profile type builds. The huge door would allow the outside in. The existing hab door could also be retained to allow the day to day access as usual. The dinette sofa that usually fills the current space could be re-purposed as additional worktop or a sink or many things. The whole door could pivot down to provide an inclusive access ramp with a bit of extra thought.

That would be an interesting project to work through..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back