What would you have been up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Well, the big start to our season of fun is here.....not :(

I was due to go to the C&CC Folk section meet at Evesham where campers from all over the country would have congregated to make merry.

There were to have been so many singing, dance, musical instrument and craft workshops over 5 days that I struggled to choose.

Oh well, there's always next year to look forward to....

Where were other Funsters planning on going?

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Should have been packing the van today. On the 1200hrs IOW ferry tomorrow for the 1700hrs ish Channel Tunnel crossing, then heading south towards the Med.
If we survive, there's always next year........keeping my fingers crossed (not difficult with arthritis) for this September.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I was supposed to have my saturday English workshop with children between 6 and 8 years old. Then do the weekly shopping in order to cook each time I can, during the week end, for the babies I look after during the working week, then do my job as stadium keeper all week end... and of course the washing and the housework and... never mind and and and! Of course I do feel for all the big families stuck in a small flat, and the disabled who are not helped enough in those difficult times, and so many other people including all the medical staff but, I am probably one of the very few who is having some peaceful time. No noise, no stress at all, and the time runs so fast. Ok less money but I have the opportunity to see how this is priceless... assuming I don't get ill ....

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
We were due to exchange house contracts ready to complete and move next week. All in tatters now as our buyers are requesting delay of months. However so far we have our health and that is our priority.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Staying at Home. However, that`s normal as if we go away it`s usually midweek. Take advantage of CCC and CC midweek deals?. And avoid crowds of Kids on campsites into the bargain!. OR maybe just back of some pub Chillin`. Before this we had planned to go to Liverpool, and take chance to visit Grandson who lives with partner near Chester, before he goes back to his ship. Stop of at Stockport on way back and catch up with friends from the 90`s "Spanish Winters" era. Plus pick up S-H windscreen for the Classic.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
It’s my wife’s 50th on Saturday and we were off to Lanzarote for 10 nights on Sunday :(

Oh well always next year I hope
Loads of hugs from us guys...
1585856781523.png

Kev and Carolyn....Try and have a nice birthday together at least!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It’s my wife’s 50th on Saturday and we were off to Lanzarote for 10 nights on Sunday :(

Oh well always next year I hope
You`ll Have to get her to knock off-------------A Year :rofl:

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
supposed to still be in the middle of touring Spain we were down at the ferry when sister in law told us what was happening in spain so dodged that spent two weeks on south coast then came home

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I would have been getting on with my boat project ,(isolated spot)came back Friday before last to top up gas & diesel and a couple of appointments that got cancelled ,been stuck in the van at home ever since .

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
This weekend I was due to fly into Sydney after spending three weeks in India and then I was going to drive up the NSW coast to stay with friends in Forster for a week. Instead I will be sitting on the deck and reading the latest edition of the NZ Motorhome magazine and enjoying the autumn sunshine.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Tonight 'is' Sports Team playing at their album launch gig in Kingston.

This weekend 'is' the EFL Trophy Final at Wembley :)
And a few mates & I had tickets for the Portsmouth 'end'.
Would've been an interesting match.

EDIT: Those are things I had advance tickets for. There are often free gigs in Reading or as much as £5 :eek:
MH use would've been on the cards to.

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
Off to stay for a few nights at Ferry Meadows for the National Garden Railway Show at the East of England arena. Obviously all cancelled ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back