What would you do,????????? (1 Viewer)

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
All of the above - I remember that it took you three RV/MHs in 12 months to get the right one and, from your posts, you have never disliked ANYTHING about it. Get it tested and taxed ready for a 'cut and run' weekend away from all the work on the property.

We have not used ours since coming home last January and have just had to cancel our proposed 13 week trip (start date 2 weeks ago) for Hil's health but we will be back and want to use it as much as possible before we get too old ) only 20 years and I will be 90!!!!!

The comment about running your house internet through the MH dish makes sense - we were going to but could not get a sensible package as they wanted a 'connection fee' every time the dish moved to another area that could have been as often as 20 times a year when touring - definitely a non starter. Would be interested in details of your set up.

Best wishes and good health whatever you decide.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Serious Head On"..

Thanks Guy`s and Gal`s.... Census of opinion seem`s to be keep it...

Well you have helped make up our mind`s... we will keep it.. It is a Van we love, and one we would jump in and go anywhere without thinking will we get there , will it break down..

definitely a non starter. Would be interested in details of your set up.

We are with "Beyonds SL"... monthly of £24-95... No Limit on use, anywhere in Europe.. and a one of connection fee of £49-95.. Bit pricey ... but we have never been let down where ever we have used it, and even had me and two other Funsters logged on and using in Portugal, with no problems..

Again Thanks for your reply`s.. :clap2: (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Mo, sit in the MH and relax, open a bottle of that Jeyes fluid you drink and survey the surroundings.
Now think to yourself, 'Do I really want to sell'? Do I really need to sell'? If the answer to either of these questions is 'no' then don't sell.
It's your pride and joy, and your form of escapism anytime, anyplace, anywhere (sounds like a Martini advert) Even if it's for the day, weekend, or much longer. It's at your fingertips.
And you have the knowledge that I, the Manx pussy, have sat in your pride and joy and drank your paint stripper. That must be worth something........:laughing:
Now get on with your work. :p

Craig

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I would sell it, with a home like you are going to have when finished, the last thing you will be thinking of will be going away and leaving it.;)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Mo I thought you had changed your medication,you obviously haven't got it quite right yet:rolleyes:
Keep it mate definately:)
Brian & Jo

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
On a serious note, we are in a similar position with not using the van for a few months. multiple deaths in the family does that to you and screws up the best of plans. anyway, we are hanging onto the van, keeping it ready to roll as sometimes you just need a few days away to clear your head

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back