what we learnt (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Well we have now been motorhoming for 5 months and we absolutely love it. We recently got back from our second trip abroad, 2 weeks touring France with the aim of watching a couple of stages of the Tour De France. The biggest difference from our first trip in March was that we needed the air-con :Cool: instead of the gas fire this time :thumb: We used Aires, France Passion, ACSI, Camping Cheque and wild camping and had a blast :thumb: We learnt that the MH couldn't reach the Col De Mente in the Pyrenees :Sad: however we stopped in a beautiful location further down. After waking to an amazing sunrise we walked to a nice double bend to watch the race in the hope the cyclists would have to slow a little so we could get some photos and had an amazing day. I even sent Glynn back to get the Funster and GB flags :ROFLMAO: We learnt that we may need to getr the engine mapped if we want to reach the Col De Mente next year.:pray: We also learnt that we are not covered on our recovery if we don't notify trips abroad before we go :Doh: but we now have a newly serviced, MOT'd and fixed MH with brakes that now work again! ::bigsmile: We learnt that you can buy lovely wine for silly money, that France is beautiful and so vast we need to go back for months next time ::bigsmile: We also learnt that we only get about 23 MPG but we don't care :winky: We are now eagerly anticipating the Lincoln show so we can purchase a few more things we want/need :thumb: And the best bit of all is that we are going to resign from our jobs in January and will be heading off in March for a life of cycling and motorhoming while we are still young and fit enough to do it. 2 mid-life cyclists in a motorhome!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• DSC_0101.jpg
    DSC_0101.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0150.jpg
    DSC_0150.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0395.jpg
    DSC_0395.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 57

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Love France too, and the retiring idea seems a good move
Mrs A took early retirement in March ( and her pension lump sum allowed us to buy the van) and I have taken early retirement and leave work on 9th August, 3 days before we head off to France for a couple of weeks
Hopefully over time those weeks will start to become months and we will eventually move over there.
Looks like you had a great time. We'll look out for you on your next trip!
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Mrs A took early retirement in March ( and her pension lump sum allowed us to buy the van) and I have taken early retirement and leave work on 9th August, 3 days before we head off to France for a couple of weeks
Hopefully over time those weeks will start to become months and we will eventually move over there.
Allan

Excellent, look forward to bumping in to you, France here we come!! My biggest challenge is staying focused on my job in the meantime and trying not to wish the next few months go too quickly!! ::bigsmile: Although I think I may have already lost that battle, roll on March!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Absolutely brilliant idea to retire and disappear to France. Can't afford to give up work yet but love the idea. we love France too, been going over there for 20 years - 4 times last year, going again soon & can't wait ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Allan

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Must be something about working for a Council. I just noticed you are retiring from Kent County Council, I am retiring from Suffolk County Council :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back