What Unnecessary Stuff Do They Sell Us? (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just seen this on the Dark Side,.

"think it was johnscrossmotorhomes once said buy 4 2 litre bottles of cheap coke fill up as you go home let it slosh round lots and then empty and swish through when get home. Works a treat we do it every 3 months or so or if nasty niffs appear"

Where is Biggles?

I tried that :Eeek:-- TASTED bloody horrid :ROFLMAO: will stick to keeping it in bottles :thumb::ROFLMAO:
terry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry JJ.. Much preferred Dellwoods reply to yours.
Short and to the point it may have been but it lacked that human warmth so often dismissed nowadays... :ROFLMAO:

Sooooo, I shall not be putting a SOG on the wish list..

As an aside, if I fit a vibrator of some sort on the cassette and fire that up when I go to the loo, will I be able to save on toilet paper if I use a bit extra bio soapy fluidy stuff ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Oh Humble One there are many different brands... all you need is a washing liquid OR a fabric conditioner which have the word "biological" on it.

This is the one I use... part of Sainsburys' Basic range... bought at 99p a litre. Lasts weeks on full time living (Porta Potti 365)

Now please rise from your knees and continue with your duties...

JJ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh wise one, I prostrate myself before you and kiss the hem of your garment in appreciation of your words of wisdom !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Sorry JJ.. Much preferred Dellwoods reply to yours.
Short and to the point it may have been but it lacked that human warmth so often dismissed nowadays... :ROFLMAO:

Sooooo, I shall not be putting a SOG on the wish list..

As an aside, if I fit a vibrator of some sort on the cassette and fire that up when I go to the loo, will I be able to save on toilet paper if I use a bit extra bio soapy fluidy stuff ?

You will still need something to dry off the froth from your Bum ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Link Removed This link will give you the details. :Smile:

SOG is a small ventilation system you attach to your toilet cassette, which then keeps the cassette ventilated so that no chemicals are needed and it also stops odours your motorhome.

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Let me think about this SOG system...

BBQ-JD-Friends sitting in awning and that lovely SOG system shifting the smell outside and the wind shifting it to the area we are all sitting...

I think this will explain it - :censored:2

We use that new Blue BIO (Thats Green :Doh:) and i suppose it is just like the washing liquid but it seems alot of sites are not letting you dump chemicals into there systems now so we all need to move forward to "BIO"

The guy at the last show i went to showed me the Blue BIO and demonstrated it by licking his fingers after he got it on his hands, I haven't seen the same man again :Eeek:

Craig

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
...but I am told it does not stop the aroma OUTSIDE your motorhome if you neglect the "odour filter"...:winky:

JJ

If I fitted a SOG it would exhaust into the awning area - Not nice if you don't use any chemicals. With the Bio I think any smells are kept to a minimum :Smile:

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
The new van options have a roof mounted vent, not noticed a smell since moving the outlet there.

Don't you think it's better to get the odours out rather than permeate your van furnishings, bedding food etc.

In my view it's the single best addition to any van.:thumb:

Richard

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I would think the need for a SOG system could be dependant on how "Stinky" your toilet gets ::bigsmile:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Oh Humble One there are many different brands... all you need is a washing liquid OR a fabric conditioner which have the word "biological" on it.

This is the one I use... part of Sainsburys' Basic range... bought at 99p a litre. Lasts weeks on full time living (Porta Potti 365)

Now please rise from your knees and continue with your duties...

JJ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hi JJ,
I bought some of this Sainsbury's basic range today and as you said .99p, greeat price.

Now two little questions.

Do you put Sainsbury's basic range in the cassette like you do the toilet blue stuff?
I also have a toilet rinse which is usually a pink chemical that flushes with the toilet.
Do I put the Sainsbury's basic range in the flush department also?
Lesley

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi JJ,
I bought some of this Sainsbury's basic range today and as you said .99p, greeat price.

Now two little questions.

Do you put Sainsbury's basic range in the cassette like you do the toilet blue stuff?
I also have a toilet rinse which is usually a pink chemical that flushes with the toilet.
Do I put the Sainsbury's basic range in the flush department also?
Lesley

That is what I do Lesley...

JJ :thumb:

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
But Marie we are downwind from you and you did say some peoples doesn't smell ...:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back