What Type of Heater Unit was fitted here? (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Underneath one of our seats it would appear some type of Heater Unit was fitted and removed by the previous owner. The van is a 2011 Rapido LHD bought from a dealer in Germany 8 years ago.
There are clearly old fixing holes, and a large 100mm vent hole to the double floor storage area with a 10mm small hole adjacent.
There are also two unused cables which are part of the loom in that area the one with the socket runs to the door top control panel with a separate unused access hole so I presume a control cable.
The other 5 core cable would appear to be a power supply although low power looking at the size of the individual wires.
There is also a banked off take off point on the vehicle diesel tank (no photo).

However I cannot find evidence of an exhaust or additional output air vent(s)

The adjacent Alde fan / heat exchanger vents into the seat footwell in the lounge area.

Any ideas what was fitted would be helpfull as I intend to fit a new diesel heater.

20211008_163704.jpg
20211008_174100.jpg
20211008_163751.jpg

OP
OP
Sheddy
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
The previous owner will have removed them both and fitted them to his new van ready for his next ski trip to the Alps 👍👍
He was a Slovak ski instructor so the dealer said. Both the TV's were tuned to Slovak TV.
Efoy unit would make sense.
Thanks for all your replies.
I will further investigate the diesel tank unused take off point, which will come in handy if I fit a heater.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Yep, there's one for sale in the classifieds if you want to refit one. Excellent in combination with a diesel heater for winter use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back