What Tools and other bits to take? (1 Viewer)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Two shifting spanner’s saves carrying lots of different ones.
Something to lay on wet or dirty ground.
Funster sticker
And a smile. It will attract helpers😀😀

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I suggest that, unless tinkering with things is your hobby, you leave all such tools behind and focus on the adventure. If you are likely to need help, join one of the breakdown services or seek one of the funsters above.
Why carry something that you hope you will never use but will eat into your payload ?

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I think you'll find that the drill's current requirement will exceed the capability of a cig lighter socket, its wiring or fuse. On start-up with no load it will draw around 3 amps which will rise to 6 or 7 amps under load and up to 10 amps if the motor stalls when/if the drill bit jams in use.

10A is a low (but still normal) rating for a cig lighter socket. Most are 15A, some even 20A. Only occasionally do you see a 7.5A one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I suggest that, unless tinkering with things is your hobby, you leave all such tools behind and focus on the adventure. If you are likely to need help, join one of the breakdown services or seek one of the funsters above.
Why carry something that you hope you will never use but will eat into your payload ?

I enjoy tinkering and modding bits, if we feel we can get used to the difference in size from the RV which at the moment we are keeping, I intend to fit a rearview camera 2 hab batteries and an inverter possibly a microwave as well, an underslung gas tank is also a possibility as the microwave could go in its existing cupboard.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I enjoy tinkering and modding bits, if we feel we can get used to the difference in size from the RV which at the moment we are keeping, I intend to fit a rearview camera 2 hab batteries and an inverter possibly a microwave as well, an underslung gas tank is also a possibility as the microwave could go in its existing cupboard.

Underslung tank was easy to fit. However, swapping the manual valve for a high pressure solenoid was nightmare job. It is the only job on my conversion I got someone else to do. 200Nm torque and no official flats on the valves to grip. Get a tank with it already fitted! (assuming you are going to be good and turn off the gas every time you are driving).

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Why do you need a lump hammer? 🤣

I don't carry many tools, just what fits inside an old multimeter case, also a ratchet screwdriver, a ¼ socket set, 12v antex soldering iron and DC clamp meter 😎

Oh and a claw hammer for the rock pegs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
SWMBO visits a wild camping site (I know!). After following a thread on there, she asked me if I had an oscillating multitool. I wasn't sure of how to answer that one. 😀

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Underslung tank was easy to fit. However, swapping the manual valve for a high pressure solenoid was nightmare job. It is the only job on my conversion I got someone else to do. 200Nm torque and no official flats on the valves to grip. Get a tank with it already fitted! (assuming you are going to be good and turn off the gas every time you are driving).

Its got a Truma secure motion gas valve so I will just connect to that. Lump hammer is for the awning.
Is it usual to fit a gas solenoid on the tank?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back