Marker lights all function
Floor hatch mounts haven't cracked/broken
Shower door hasn't damaged wall
Cupboard handles are still chrome
Bathroom sink hasn't cracked
Bathroom tap hasn't discoloured
Garage door shock absorber functions
Dash wood effect hasn't split/cracked
Drivers door trim isn't split (grey plastic)
I've had all these issues and more but the others were minor. Good luck.

OP
OP
Wanderlust
Apr 7, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e line
Exp
wiljoy thanks for the input, now i need a list, actually 2 lists, 1 for Jim's buyers guide tips and another for potential defects. :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wanderlust
Apr 7, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e line
Exp
Popped down to Go European yesterday for a look at the above vehicle, following Jim's excellent buyers guide I didn't announce my intention to view just rang to check they were open. Arriving after a 220 mile drive to find a sign "Viewing by appointment only" ...just great, reading this with water dripping off the end of my nose (it was persisting down) walked in anyway as you can walk around maintaining 2m quite safely, asked in office where the Carthago KRH as we just wished to look at the outside, "it's at our other site, in the service area as the roof light was damaged in a storm last month" . My day was deteriorating by the second, other half so far still not commented as Dobbies open (on the same site) so not all lost. Final throw of the dice by me asking if I could view the carthago next weekend, booked in to view next Saturday and they will "hold it" until then.
So my question is have I now lost any bargaining power if, and only if, we like this van and wish to make an offer, I does seem reasonably priced anyway,

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
That looks like a very nice machine good luck. I’m not sure how much bargaining power you may have though as I have been hearing reports that stock are holding their prices due to the new influx of persons wanting to holiday at home. Of course if they won’t budge on price at the very least a couple of hab checks could be gained if asked I’m sure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
we've bought two new Carthagos from GE and have been delighted with the vans and the deals...
the first was a mid sized 7.5m twin singled layout but after a couple of years decided we would go to the slimmer, shorter Compactline....a revelation to drive after the larger vehicle.
Dave always seems receptive to a good deal and Id have no hesitation in dealing there again should we decide to change....although we like the current van so much i cant see that happening any time soon.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Looks a nice van. It will be better than the newer variety. I'm sure you'll get a discount. Dealers are desperate to sell so maybe us customers are in charge for once. Best of luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back