what to look for ? (1 Viewer)

sniperfox36

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Funster No
hi im going too look at a 2005 fiat ducato can any one tell me what too look for ?regards mick

OP
OP
S

sniperfox36

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Funster No
:ROFLMAO:i suppose i deserve that, its swift freestyle 6berth. just wondering if there any faults with them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:ROFLMAO:i suppose i deserve that, its swift freestyle 6berth. just wondering if there any faults with them.

:ROFLMAO: I have not heard of any serious faults. I have a Swift Suntor and am VERY happy with it. Apart from it will only take 2 6KG Butane bottles in the gas locker. My old Kontiki would take 2 11/13KG bottles. :Angry:

Upvote 0

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
The new Ducato can have reversing problems (judder) and can leak water near rthe battery, I have a swift and O.K. so far touch wood

:welcome: by the way!

Hope you enjoy

Upvote 0

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
fiat

Just bought a 1991 fiat ducato, took it to Spain and back, didn't miss a beat ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
the old model had water leaking on to battery .fifth gear problems. top of cab doors open in high winds when driving and blow a gale . saying all that there is lots around and they will go on for ever

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the old model had water leaking on to battery .fifth gear problems. top of cab doors open in high winds when driving and blow a gale . saying all that there is lots around and they will go on for ever

agreed....

not had the water on battery problem but the fifth gear has been sorted by the previous owner.

the doors are made of tinfoil with paint on and yes...they do flap like a pigeon taking flight but only in cross winds for some reason.

chassis problems........front cross members tend to rot quite quickly.

not a long job to replace though.

Upvote 0

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi the doors dont have to be a problem when we bought our e435 bessacarr on a 2004 plate i took it in to our local fiat dealer only took them 3/4s hour told me only wanted ajustment on the door hinges we had no further proplems sold the m/h two weeks ago gone back to caravanning picked up our new caravan today tony

Upvote 0

Bigwiz

Free Member
Sep 28, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year still newbies
Just picked up our Suntor 630L last Saturday, from Lincoln and have camped and driven our way back to Cornwall via Teversal, Oxford, Bourton-on-the-water, Dawlish Warren, drove like a dream, have no problems at all.

Good thing really as it is our first foray into Motorhoming........:Cool:

Handles very well, steering is easy and the reversing camera was very useful.

Upvote 0

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months

Thats interesting as i thought it was just my doors that did that, I will have to get it sorted, but had no probs with 5th or battery

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back