Free Member
Feb 1, 2013
Bromley and sunderland
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
We are new to this
We have decided that we want to dip our toe in the motor home world and before packing up home and renting it out we thought we would try a month on the road.
Our plan was to rent for this moth take as much advice on where to go and stay as possible then head off. Any support, links or as I said advice would be greatly appreciated.

Daisy and Boo :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, I would do as much research as you can, what size van would you like, do you need storage for bikes / BBQ/ outside table and chairs, are you planning on touring the continent or staying in the UK, I don't think hiring for a month will give you what you need.

I would work out what I think I want, look around as many dealers as you can, try to get to a motorhome show, no need to buy new, indeed on a motorhome its more about condition and mileage than anything else.

Do you need one that is winterised, for the UK, a lot of people are doing what you are thinking of, read through threads, look at the Morocco thread, type fulltimeing into the search engine and see what comes up.
For definite I would think the best £10 you could spend is the subscription to Motorhome Fun, you will have unlimited access to a huge motorhomeing community with practical advice never far away. Good luck with your adventure.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
A good idea to rent one first. Some dealers will knock off some/all of the rental if you subsequently buy.

I would suggest you try France first as it is so much nicer than the UK for using a motorhome. You'll get used to the extra size quite quickly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back