Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
Davejen, yes we have car chargers for the phones but your using van battery. we were in France for thee weeks this year most of time not on EHU we only had issues charging ipad & phones so i thought having a inverter was the way forward. looking at a small inverter now it just might make life a little easy. As for the hair dryer, ive no need of one

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Davejen, yes we have car chargers for the phones but your using van battery. we were in France for thee weeks this year most of time not on EHU we only had issues charging ipad & phones so i thought having a inverter was the way forward. looking at a small inverter now it just might make life a little easy. As for the hair dryer, ive no need of one
But you still need to get the power from somewhere, i.e. your batteries, to run the inverter. But it actually uses less power from those same batteries to use a 12V charger than it does using the inverter to do the same job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
We charge ipad & iphone with 12v when not on hook up with no probs.
Aldi 3 socket adaptor with 2 x USB female sockets (about £4).
Plug in to to your apple device then turn off properly & they will charge to 100% overnight.
If you turn the ipad /iphone off BEFORE plugging the charger in it will switch the device back on & will not charge.
Re hair drier, use a towel.
Inverters are ok as long as your payload will cater for a large battery bank. That's stretching it a bit with most 3.5 Tonne vans.
My better half has 12v hair straighteners & reckons they're as good as her mains ones!
We have a pretty efficient solar/traction battery setup with Ctek dc to dc charger and have not found a scenario that would warrant fitting a battery gobbling inverter, we also spend a lot of time off grid.
Apart from now currently plugged in in Portugal , merry Christmas:xThumb:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we charge all our phones from the leisure batteries when wilding what has made a big difference was removing the cigarette lighter socket and replacing with a usb socket like this simple to change
Broken Link Removed

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
we charge all our phones from the leisure batteries when wilding what has made a big difference was removing the cigarette lighter socket and replacing with a usb socket like this simple to change
Broken Link Removed
CA_11021415201101-X2.jpg

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...cab-12-volt-socket-change.90684/#post-1079700

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
As others have said you can charge your iPad and other things like phone whilst travelling quite easily with the cigar lighter adapters,but I also bought a small inverter from Maplins I think it only cost about £30 but we hardly ever use it.we do have two leisure batteries and 100w solar panel:xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back