What should you expect from European Break down insurance (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Apart from the obvious;-

Roadside assistance, Removal to repairer (if necessary).

If MoHo is out of commission (accident/break in or similar)? possibly for an indeterminate period.

I've read elsewhere (on this site) repatriation seems to be offered fairly quickly - early on in the holiday this may not be an attractive option, is/can hotel accommodation be expected during repairs would there be choice or would the insurer say this it take it or leave it (repatriation or not)?

I appreciate that this info should be available in the policy document (sometimes it is not that clear), as yet I do not have one, van not yet insured because of late delivery :-( .

General thoughts, appreciated as to what other Funsters have experienced or feel is a minimum one should expect.

Looking for questions to put to the insurer when taking cover out, hopefully shortly!

Ray

NINE TENTHS OF WISDOM IS BEING WISE IN TIME T R0OSEVELT

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Repatriation is only offered if there is not sufficient time to repair your motorhome before your booked ferry home. When I phoned up recently the date of my ferry was one of the first questions I was asked.
My policy allows for either hotel accomodation, I think up to 5 nights with a maximum cost OR car hire for up to two weeks. In the past we have opted for the car hire and lived in the motorhome on the garage forecourt while we waited on parts.

If you do a search on google you will find you can access the policy documents of various insurers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back