What should I put in this hole... (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Hi,

I'm getting lazy as I get older. My new van has a massive payload and an obvious spot between the chassis rails for an additional tank.

So I could put in:

a, An extra fresh water tank (I currently have a 90 litre tank that is also used to flush the thunderbox)

or

b, A LPG tank at the maximum size permissible on the Channel Tunnel (details of what is permissible are given below)

I suspect the water tank (with pipes and stuff) would cost circa £150 as a self install [HI]but what's the cost of getting a LPG tank installed?[/HI]

Fixed gas container

• If your vehicle is fitted with a "fixed" gas container the quantity of gas is limited to 47kg (or approximately 93 litres) for a single container and the maximum filling rate is 80% (or approximately 73 litres). In the case of several fixed containers the quantity of gas is limited to 50kg (or approximately 99 litres) on the whole with a maximum filling rate of 80% per container (or approximately 79 litres).
  • This filling rate will be checked via the gauge. If no gauge is present, the vehicle will be refused.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
just stash ya cash there worth more there than in a bank :ROFLMAO:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
has your van got a spare wheel ? .... i wish i had room under the van for one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sidney
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
has your van got a spare wheel ? .... i wish i had room under the van for one

Yes it's on a frame underneath at the rear - reminds me I must put a padlock on this. :thumb:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
The underslung tank is great and got myself an extra locker !! but it may cost a bit more than an additional water tank

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We made enquiries about having an underslung gas tank fitted to our van whilst at the Peterborough Show. The cost was in excess of £700 supplied and fitted.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
You could consider a BeenyBox.

As I understand it it's an additional storage box (more like an exterior drawer) built onto the chassis that then slides out from the exterior of the vehicle... good for carrying stuff lower down so assisting with centre of gravity and freeing up space elsewhere. They have been discussed on other threads I think.

Think they cost about £400 but that varies on size as they are made individually to fit the space on your vehicle.

Simon :thumb:

OP
OP
Sidney
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
You could consider a BeenyBox.

As I understand it it's an additional storage box (more like an exterior drawer) built onto the chassis that then slides out from the exterior of the vehicle... good for carrying stuff lower down so assisting with centre of gravity and freeing up space elsewhere. They have been discussed on other threads I think.

Think they cost about £400 but that varies on size as they are made individually to fit the space on your vehicle.

Simon :thumb:

Yes I've seen these. They look very smart but TBH I'm not sure if I really need one. I think I'd only put some ramps in there which may be a little over the top.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back