Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Jo and myself have been motorhoming now for about 15yrs and prior to that did about 6yrs in folding campers and a couple of caravans.We have really enjoyed the limited amount of time we have to get away due to business commitments,but the last couple of years things have slowly started to improve and this year we have quite a few trips planned :) we decided this year to do our own thing and not do any shows or rallies and so far we have stayed on 2 C&MC CL,s ,been to the NEC and had a week in the Cardiff area taking in a Bob Dylan concert .we have also booked a week at Sandringham ,4 days at the British Grand Prix, a week at Eddie and Lynns site,a week at the C&MC Brecon Beacons site and a week in the Lake District ,for me and Jo this planning is unheard of :rolleyes: I just hope we don't get a spanner thrown in the works:eek:.I know you shouldn't wish your life away but having all these trips booked this year has made us forward think to 2018.We are thinking we may do more shows and rallies next year(y) Up until now we have avoided the smaller rallies because we like our own company in the evenings especially and like to do our own thing and chill in the Motorhome and on a small rally this may be construed as being unfriendly or unsociable but we are definitely neither of those.That is why we have preferred the bigger rallies like Peterborough and Lincoln because in is not so obvious there.So that is the route we think we may take next year.watch this space:LOL:
Brian & Jo

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Congratulations on being able to take more leisure time. Sounds like you have a great year planned. Very envious of the 4 days at the F1.
I think the whole point of Fun is that you can always "do your own thing" and nobody thinks anything of it. Everybody is different and we all enjoy motorhoming in our own way. Please don't avoid the smaller meets for this reason as they can be a great way to meet new friends.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Great that you are both getting some me time to enjoy, how about a trip around Scotland next year always worth doing, and of course it's nice to see you at the odd meet or two. Sounds like you have some good plans for this year.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Good on you for getting out and about more and having quality time to yourselves. We don't get to the rallies because of work commitments but we have the winter off. Not to keen on the rallies as like you we are not unsociable but prefer to eat what we want when we want and not one for sitting around in a huge group. Happy travels. (y)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
If you like the F1, how about the Goodwood Festival of Speed (June/July) or the Goodwood Revival meeting in September? Book early enough and you will be able to take MH to Goodwoods own camping area, enabling a walk to the event and avoiding traffic.

June event camping from Wednesday to Monday, event is a Thursday to Sunday.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
How about a small meet with some of ""the decaders" you could all display your 10 year stickers and look forward to the next 10 years!

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
How about the TT or the Classic TT? If you came here, and the weather was as good as it has been for the last month, you wouldn't want to leave! We have just been around the TT course on a trike (trike tours) and it was mind blowing! I have been around many times on motorbikes, but this was something else!
And where else in the world could you stand on the pavement with a beer in your hand watching bikes go past at almost 200mph? You have to see it to believe it.

Craig

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Jo and myself have been motorhoming now for about 15yrs and prior to that did about 6yrs in folding campers and a couple of caravans.We have really enjoyed the limited amount of time we have to get away due to business commitments,but the last couple of years things have slowly started to improve and this year we have quite a few trips planned :) we decided this year to do our own thing and not do any shows or rallies and so far we have stayed on 2 C&MC CL,s ,been to the NEC and had a week in the Cardiff area taking in a Bob Dylan concert .we have also booked a week at Sandringham ,4 days at the British Grand Prix, a week at Eddie and Lynns site,a week at the C&MC Brecon Beacons site and a week in the Lake District ,for me and Jo this planning is unheard of :rolleyes: I just hope we don't get a spanner thrown in the works:eek:.I know you shouldn't wish your life away but having all these trips booked this year has made us forward think to 2018.We are thinking we may do more shows and rallies next year(y) Up until now we have avoided the smaller rallies because we like our own company in the evenings especially and like to do our own thing and chill in the Motorhome and on a small rally this may be construed as being unfriendly or unsociable but we are definitely neither of those.That is why we have preferred the bigger rallies like Peterborough and Lincoln because in is not so obvious there.So that is the route we think we may take next year.watch this space:LOL:
Brian & Jo
How about this for an idea, many are now doing it...(y)
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/route-66.152893/page-2#post-2345664

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Once I got the wife over the water. It is where we go every year now. We started with two weeks. Now it 6 to 8 weeks every year.. If we could afford it. It would be twice a year. But glad you are starting to live the life.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back