Phoenix

Free Member
Aug 24, 2007
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Does your Motorhome have a name? Do you consider it a "he" or a "she?". When discussing vehicles what "sex" do you consider them to be, and the names you have called them?
I've never 'christened' mine but I know many who have.
Chris

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
We call ours Amber, after my later mother who's initals we're AMB, its a good reliable girl:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Mine is called "The Bees Knees" and is an A sexual transvestite,

Just to confuse

In men's clothing, hee hee

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
On second thoughts the beast has to be female, it takes loads of care and attention, takes no notice of anything I say and no matter what I do it bound to be wrong. As long as I am breathing I'll never get to understand what makes it tick. No amount of cash thrown at it brings a favourable response, and naturally being a mercedes and female it goes on forever.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
On second thoughts the beast has to be female, it takes loads of care and attention, takes no notice of anything I say and no matter what I do it bound to be wrong. As long as I am breathing I'll never get to understand what makes it tick. No amount of cash thrown at it brings a favourable response, and naturally being a Mercedes and female it goes on forever.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is it like Sue and runs on Cassis, ho ho !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

N

Naughty Nigel

Deleted User
female

Ours is Tinkerbell since its a Talbot based Capris and its our first steps in motorhoming off to Belgium and France in May and cant wait yippee. June and Nigel in North Wales

Chrisdy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2008
Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Ours is called 'Harvey' (no guesses as to why - see numberplate) and is definitely male (big, heavy, drinks a lot, and can carry loads of stuff) :winky:

Attachments

• Harvy - small10.JPG
    Harvy - small10.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 21

Andrew and Shirley

Free Member
Nov 1, 2008
Alfaz Del Pi Spain
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Many
Ours is called Geraldine.

Female because when we first had her it took alot of coaxing to get her going

Gerald after my late Brother in Law, who helped me choose her

We talk to her and tell her where we are off to and give her lost of TLC

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The missus insists on calling ours Ellie, I believe because of its size, elliephant ! I call it the bus.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
On second thoughts the beast has to be female, it takes loads of care and attention, takes no notice of anything I say and no matter what I do it bound to be wrong. As long as I am breathing I'll never get to understand what makes it tick. No amount of cash thrown at it brings a favourable response, and naturally being a mercedes and female it goes on forever.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Mine too!!!
Dave:thumb:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Name that Camper

Ours is named 'Gray Warrior'. Gray because my name is Graham and it is Grey in colour. Warrior because that is the what it looks like - a Japanese Warrior that will go anywhere (which it obviously doesn't in snow and mud like any other). Wilf has kindly made us a Japanese Warrior silloutte and the word Warrior in Japanese to go on the back and a small one for the front. She (yes it is a 'she' warrior) is currently a day van but by the end of the summer we are hoping to rebuilt her to a night/longer stay campervan (we have the technology, I think).

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Well mine is deffo a female as she takes ages to get warm, has a paddy regular, drinks like she's on a hen night but looks a million dollars after a scrub up. :)

I call her "Winnie" for obvious reasons ;)

I'm trying to buy the plate WIN 1E for her ::bigsmile:

Boo

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
our is a female , shes very warm and friendly .

rayval:Smile:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
He is called Herman the Kubelwagen. Don't know why,perhaps it's too teutonic to be a cuddly girlie van.hardhat

p.s. the last 2 vans were French girls, Sally, the Renault Trafic, not very subtle but suitable, then Elsie the Eldiss on a Talbot, no more subtle and no less suitable.

Last edited:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
'Lucy' after the number plate '.. .. LUZ' which, incidently, we chose.

To really confuse the issue we also call the SatNav Lucy when she's being helpful but lots of other not so nice names when she's trying to send us down a 6' 6" wide track (or something of that sort).

Attachments

• Sulzburg.jpg
    Sulzburg.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 7
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Ours is male but called Foxy. Shirleys idea as he says all vehicles are male. Our previous van was Hugh and she has a car called Oscar (Corsa - anag)
We navigate by concensus, Our two Satnavs are Tilly(TomTom) and Eric(Snooper Truckmate)

M

madbetty

Deleted User
Female

My van is called Betty, she's part of the family and every friend or family member knows her by name.

My friends' called their van Martha, as in Martha and the Van Dwellers....geddit?!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back