What Satellite Dome do you recommend? (1 Viewer)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
we would need at least 150 Gb a month for our requirements , then we would probably have to have sim cards from different networks as not all providers cover all areas .
Waste of time , to much hassle
We regularly do the North \ West of Scotland and have 3 different sims given poor signal. Even down your neck of the woods mobile reception can be "suspect"!
Having said that with a couple of hours excepted the weather ain't been too terrible over the last week!(y)

Duckato

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We regularly do the North \ West of Scotland and have 3 different sims given poor signal. Even down your neck of the woods mobile reception can be "suspect"!
Having said that with a couple of hours excepted the weather ain't been too terrible over the last week!(y)
Same experience here mobile signal simply can’t be relied on in significant parts of the uk.
We were parked at the Dervaig view point on Mull 80mb 4g from O2 and absolutely nothing from my unlimited Three
I couldn’t use O2 because I had virtually used up my data allowance.
Hence why I also have satellite and terrestrial as well on the van.

Aug 17, 2012
Burton on Trent
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Winchcom
Exp
tenting,caravans,autotrail cheyenne,bolero, apache. and now Mercedes Autosleeper winchcombe
you have yet to explain how the phone signal with all this wonderous data gets to the avtex ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
you have yet to explain how the phone signal with all this wonderous data gets to the avtex ?
It doesn't! Put very simply, the data is received by a mobile phone or modem which then sends it's signal to some sort of medium provider, for example a firestick tv which, plugged into the TV, provides the actual TV programming plus lots of other media

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
The 3/4/5G signal is picked up by the MiFi unit installed in your motorhome. That MiFi unit broadcasts a localised WiFi signal around your motorhome like the internet hub you have at home does. The Amazon Firestick inserted in the HDMI port on your Avtex picks up the WiFi signal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back