Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Once again - thank you for all the input, I plumped for the Garmin Dezl 560 - persuaded by the LOUD VOICE!!!

Hope it's as good as it seems - got it for £160 from ebay. Second hand!

Thats an excellent price, I have been looking for one of these, but missed that one.:cry:
Let us know how you get on with it.
Allan

OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Actually, people seemed to avoid it, 1 bidder only, I did wonder whether it had been gained by unlawful means, but figured the next price up was £170 and 17 hours left with 3 bidders, so it seemed kind of bargainous to me!

Not sure why people were going for the next one and not it, lack of info I think, not that i'm the sort of girl that would take advantage of anyone's loss, what you don't know and all that........................

:RollEyes:

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
7" Sat Nav

I bought a very cheap sat Nav 7" screen, I bought this off a Chinese firm on E Bay. I have had it 2 years and have not had a problem. Mine cost £49 that incuded postage full European maps. Since then I have bought a 9" tablet from the same company with case and keyboard for £59 No probs as yes. Oh yes thye Sat Nav came with life time updates for life from PNavi
Broken Link Removed This is the name of the site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
I bought a very cheap sat Nav 7" screen, I bought this off a Chinese firm on E Bay. I have had it 2 years and have not had a problem. Mine cost £49 that incuded postage full European maps. Since then I have bought a 9" tablet from the same company with case and keyboard for £59 No probs as yes. Oh yes thye Sat Nav came with life time updates for life from PNavi
Broken Link Removed This is the name of the site
I do have a unused one of these for sale

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
Yep

Yes looks the same mine is the car one.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
That's unfortunate - mate has the truck one in his tow truck and swears by it so I been giving this one a bit of thought. He's never been anywhere the truck cant get with it either - reliable too.

Thanks for getting back.

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
That's unfortunate - mate has the truck one in his tow truck and swears by it so I been giving this one a bit of thought. He's never been anywhere the truck cant get with it either - reliable too.

Thanks for getting back.

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:[/QUOTE
Yep mi9ne too only one draw back and that is it does not have post codes on it, but I have never found this to be a problem

JSH

Free Member
Dec 17, 2012
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just bought an Alpine INE-W925R and very impressed. As a result, I have a Garmin 3598 sat nave for sale that I bought in August.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just bought an Alpine INE-W925R and very impressed. As a result, I have a Garmin 3598 sat nave for sale that I bought in August.

is this the double din dash unit? alpine and Kenwood both use Garmin software for the sat nav facility.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Snooper 7000s

Not cheap. The best for every motorhome

I've done previous posts regarding the Sat Nav debate, my opinion has not changed that is they all display issues from time to time usually when its most inconvenient, my all 'singing and dancing' 8500 Snooper is just over a year old bought from 'Performance products' who recently Marketed an email to me informing me that's there's an update..wait for it £85!!! when I queried it by phone that after only one year it needs an update and this was the most expensive Sat Nav on the Market they played it down by trying to belittle the update that it wasn't important:roflmto: so the moral of this story buy as cheap as you can (posts here for under £70??) all Sat Nav's are overpriced and out of date after 12 months, in fact its time Trading Standards investigated Sat Nav Manufactures as surely their products should have at least a future product reliance built into them for at least 2-3 years??

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Once again - thank you for all the input, I plumped for the Garmin Dezl 560 - persuaded by the LOUD VOICE!!!

Hope it's as good as it seems - got it for £160 from ebay. Second hand!

It should have come with a lifetime update of maps, but this probably won't apply on a second hand unit. There is a description of the problem here and a possible solution. http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?193642-Buying-secondhand-GPS-Units

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well pinke glad you got one and did not go for the one's quoted on her at eye watering prices
we have a navman been every where never had a problem

bill

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
We have had a Snooper Ventura for a few years now.Decided to update the maps this week.We went for lifetime updates an expensive £139:95 (every year you can update free as long as you keep the unit)Found it very tricky getting the maps downloaded I ain't very techie.Rang the snooper help line talked to a guy called Ed who wasn't helpful.So after 48hours my computer tells me it's downloaded but there is nothing on the Ventura to confirm this.I won't be getting in touch with the company again I suppose I will have to wait until we use it again in the spring to see if it works . Presto

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Trikeman.:winky:[/QUOTE
Yep mi9ne too only one draw back and that is it does not have post codes on it, but I have never found this to be a problem[/QUOTE]

Try inputting the postcode when prompted for CITY, it does not specifically prompt for a postcode but it does accept it on mine.

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back