What`s the best.????????????????????? (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Mobile "Wi-Fi" to buy/get for (Very Occasional) use...

Pay as you go type thing.... ie... (Same as a mobile phone)

Pay so much a month and only get charged when used.... so if not used your credit stays as it is...

Please don`t suggest EE.... been with them and had a right royal legal battle...

And I won... don`t mess with Old-Mo when he has a shitty on... :whistle2: :giggler:

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I have a couple of mifi's that i use as well as a more permanent router installed but with the sims i always go for the ones that are loaded with data. I used to buy the "3" sims that had 12gb data on and lasted up to a year or whenever you used your data, no contract just a one off payment for the sim and the data starts the moment you switch the sim on. I now do exactly the same but with a 24gb EE sim (i know you said dont mention EE but this is not on a contract and i have never spoken with them) I install the sim and i can use up to 24gb data over a 12 month period and this has been very good for us using in the UK/Spain/Portugal, a lot quicker than "3"

The mifis i brought sim free / unlocked from amazon and they are Netgear Aircard 762s but there are loads more out there like Huawei etc. To boost the signal these mifis have 2 x ts9 aerial input connections which can be utilised

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A 'Three' sim would seem to be the best bet, one of the pre-loaded ones which come in 1gb, 3gb, 12gb and 24gb sizes, lasting 1 month, 3 months, 12 months or 24 months (unless you use all the data up before hand of course!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Have a look at Huawei mifi units here.
Broken Link Removed
Buy the thing with a rolling contract and then immediately cancel it without activating the sim. When I did this a couple of years ago 3 cancelled and refunded the initial payment.
Even if they don't you use the data on the 30(?) notice period and then use pre-paid data sims as mentioned by Minxy.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Why not just use your phone to thether to your tablet.

Cos I don`t have a mobile..... well I do..... but it is a very old Motorola RAZ 2...

That tells me as in talk`s and reads out text`s and any number I phone the number is read out... cos the buttons are small and so is the screen.. :doh:

The joy`s of getting old and going deaf... :RollEyes::crying:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
to be blunt Mo you need to move up to a smart phone and get someone to show you how to use it for emails reading forums and browsing the web it will do all you want without the hassle of setting up a mifi and then connecting a device to it argos have samsung a5 2017 brand new for just over 220 Broken Link Removed that and a pay as you go sim for around 12 a month(/ ) will do all you need. It is a learning curve but once youve took the leap youll wonder why you delayed

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Depends what you mean by "best". What parameters matter (cost/reception/durability...)?
I use Huawei mifi with 3 PAYG (48Gb)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Mo you use a puter so you could easily use a smartphone, Apple or android etc with a reasonable size screen for browsing. If you need wi fi for more than one unit in motorhome then a mi fi , perhaps a Hauwei would do the trick.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back