What paint for the hob stands? (1 Viewer)

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
I want to re-paint the black metal stands that go on the hob. Obviously, they come in to direct contact with the gas flames. Can anyone recommend a suitable heat resistant paint? I have looked at a few on-line but many seem to say they are not suitable for direct contact with flames.

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Thanks - probably not worth the bother then really as it doesn't affect the actual working of the hob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Reminds me, want to paint the fridge shelves
What are you planning to use for them ?
The chrome is flaking a bit on mine but presumed re-chroming was the only solution, so not really worth the bother

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
High temp engine paint. Alternatively, relax, ignore, have another vino; it's a van not a museum piece...

Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
I was thinking that, not sure who could do it and cost
There are a few firms in my area who would shot blast and powder coat in gloss white, try searching for powder coating near you, also alloy wheel refurbish firms may be able to sort you out

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
High temp engine paint. Alternatively, relax, ignore, have another vino; it's a van not a museum piece...
Completely agree - if you saw my van you would easily see that I appreciate cider & vino more than cleaning/polishing etc! I just thought it might be a really easy job. That said, I have just done a really easy job that did have an amazing affect. Having seen a tip from a motor trader on YouTube, I put a little bit of sunflower oil with a rag on to the old faded black plastic parts on the outside of the van. Absolute miracle stuff - all plastic now looks like new!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
What's the process called where you heat metal up and then put oil on it šŸ¤”? I remember it from school metalwork. Baking tins are well covered on it so a few layers of oil and it will look new šŸ˜Š

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back