What on earth is this for?? (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
This van had a lot of stuff missing. The Fix n Go tyre pump, washing up bowl, chopping board only after kicking up a fuss did I get these items. When I buy a brand new 794-T I expect to get it in a brand new state, not sold as seen. But the deal is steadfast in insisting that the MH only has the media pack, when clearly it has the fittings of a media plus pack.
As already said, contact Bailey direct with the vin number and get them to confirm what spec for the build was.... They keep detailed records
I have a feeling the dealer won't like the reply but push it through the small claims court if necessary.
Nobody needs dealers like this and county court judgements against them don't look good.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
How can some of you seriously think that the dealers should supply extra parts even if they were fitted originally as the OP has already stated the vehicle was advertised with just a media pack so he has got exactly what the dealer advertised.
Had the purchaser ordered a vehicle to be built specifically for him and it isn't supplied as ordered then he would have reason to complain but he has already stated that this wasn't the case .

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
The extra parts we
How can some of you seriously think that the dealers should supply extra parts even if they were fitted originally as the OP has already stated the vehicle was advertised with just a media pack so he has got exactly what the dealer advertised.
Had the purchaser ordered a vehicle to be built specifically for him and it isn't supplied as ordered then he would have reason to complain but he has already stated that this wasn't the case .
If the mh was built with the plus pack which with the up graded sat nav and wiring for the extra TV and surround sound which is there then it would also be supplied with the TV and soundbar. These are fitted by Bailey not the dealer. If Bailey did fit them then someone has removed about 400quids worth of avtex TV and 100 quid sound bar.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
The extra parts we

If the mh was built with the plus pack which with the up graded sat nav and wiring for the extra TV and surround sound which is there then it would also be supplied with the TV and soundbar. These are fitted by Bailey not the dealer. If Bailey did fit them then someone has removed about 400quids worth of avtex TV and 100 quid sound bar.

But it wasn't advertised with it ?
It belongs to the dealer so if he wants to remove accessories prior to sale or has lost them as long as he isn't stating they are fitted there is no come back for the purchaser.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
But it wasn't advertised with it ?
It belongs to the dealer so if he wants to remove accessories prior to sale or has lost them as long as he isn't stating they are fitted there is no come back for the purchaser.

That's why I said it would be bad form of the dealer to remove them as the dealer didn't install them.
I will be intrigued to see the out come of this tbh

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
Well I've written to Bailey asking them to supply the original equipment list for my vehicle. The sign on the vehicle indeed said 'Fitted with Media Pack', however it is clearly fitted with the Media Plus pack. I am the first owner of the vehicle, not the dealer, otherwise his name would be on the V5 and a registration plate would have been fitted to the vehicle. I chose the reg of the vehicle, therefore it is and should be supplied as a new vehicle in my opinion. TBH I'm not that fussed about the TV or the Bluetooth speaker as they are, quite frankly 'out of date' items. However, this is now a point of principle between me and the dealer. I will indeed let you know the outcome.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
That's why I said it would be bad form of the dealer to remove them as the dealer didn't install them.
I will be intrigued to see the out come of this tbh

Now the OP has become aware that they have an increased spec they didn't pay for, following your logic would surely mean that it is bad form that the OP doesn't contact the dealer and offer to pay an increased figure in lieu of the up-graded sat nav, etc :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Now the OP has become aware that they have an increased spec they didn't pay for, following your logic would surely mean that it is bad form that the OP doesn't contact the dealer and offer to pay an increased figure in lieu of the up-graded sat nav, etc :)
LOL I can see your logic here :) If the guy had said, 'It's a Media Plus MH, but its got some bits missing. Then I'd have been happy with that. In fact, I put that theory to the guy, but he clear states 'No, its a Media Pack only, it came from the production line like that' - this is what I am unhappy about. Even the Handbook I have says that the Media Pack comes with two TVs, when I showed him the book written in black and white - he said the book was wrong (Hmmm yeah!). This'll run and run...

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Anyhow in fear of this thread running away with its self, I think we've come to the conclusion that the wires in question are audio cables of some form or another.. :)

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015

Your right really.
It's great how sometimes I/we only see things from a customer point of view.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Your right really.
It's great how sometimes I/we only see things from a customer point of view.

Having been in business myself I tend to look upon all customers as being dishonest, unrealistic, and found it very sad that something that I loved doing turned into a nightmare that I hated because of customers !
We always kept a telephone log and good records of messages , conversations etc .

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Anyhow in fear of this thread running away with its self, I think we've come to the conclusion that the wires in question are audio cables of some form or another.. :)
Don't worry - this is just FUN doing its thing. The folk will squeeze at least a couple more pages out of the subject before it has been drained of all juices. :)

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Don't worry - this is just FUN doing its thing. The folk will squeeze at least a couple more pages out of the subject before it has been drained of all juices. :)
Only a couple this could end up as a pinned thread :pop:

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Now this is very interesting.. the vehicle was advertised as having the Media Pack and supplied with one 19" TV for the front. However, the MH has a full leather upgrade, 6.5" Pioneer Sat Nav, Black Alloys.. a shelf for a speaker.. and now so it seems the wiring for the speaker in the bedroom. I'm beginning to think this MH is a Media Plus MH but with bits missing. The dealer is adamant it's only fitted with the Media Pack and not the Plus Pack.

This must be old 2017 stock if you just bought it. Media Pack Plus and Leather are no longer available. It should come with a detachable Bluetooth Speaker and a second 24 inch Avtex TV.

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Having now received a reply from Bailey (who I am sure have check their story with the dealer) they say it’s a Media Pack model. They wouldn’t supply a build/spec sheet for the VIN/MTO. I say it’s all BS, but what the heck, I’ve got a very nicely spec’d motorhome :)

Daveled

Free Member
Feb 21, 2013
Wigan
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
10 year
We have the same moho and ordered the media plus which as most have said looks like what you should have received and if other parts are also missing on collection all sounds a bit fishy to me!
I would also contact Bailey and get confirmation of what original order spec was.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We have the same moho and ordered the media plus which as most have said looks like what you should have received and if other parts are also missing on collection all sounds a bit fishy to me! I would also contact Bailey and get confirmation of what original order spec was.

The answer is in the post before yours. :)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome to MHFun Paul Wilkins.
If you are happy, then we are too, but I would, (being a suspicious bugger) have dug about a bit more and had the dealers nuts under my boot. If he says the book is wrong about that, what chance will you have in future if other problems arise. A precedent has been set, I feel.
BUT, we all sincerely hope that the only worries you have, are which country to tour in next. ! ! !
Enjoy. (y)(y)(y)
Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back