scbunurse

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Test driving tomorrow !!!
Exp
So - eagerly awaiting collecting our Bailey Autograph in March but can't resist going to the MH show in Glasgow in Feb as it's just down the road (well about 3.5 hrs away)

I know we'll be tempted by all sorts of gadgetry whichever way we turn so can all you experienced MH's advise please on what would be really useful and what is a waste of space/weight/money.

We will be getting levellers and a Sine inverter if there are deals to be had but other than that...

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
What NOT to buy?

In hindsight I'd say don't buy those wall hanging sets of pockets that give you so much extra storage space. They just end up stuffed full of crap that nobody ever needs or uses. Then again, maybe some of you aren't married to a hoarder :)

I'd say don't buy guide books if the same information can be found online or on a phone, but that's just a personal preference.

Don't buy so-called chemical toilet friendly bog roll - the usual stuff works just fine.

We've managed so far without wind breaks and awning side panels.

Don't buy an inspection mirror for seeing how clean your roof is under the solar panel - that's just plain sad.

Don't pay for an additional roof rack and ladder unless you plan to use it.

If travelling in an A-Class in France, only buy a small dog to sit in the windscreen - a Great Dane will block the light.

Don't buy The Daily Mail. Ever. Just don't.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back