Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi all, just back from sunny south of France:cry:. I now have a dilema, we need twin beds instead of the fixed double currently in the Lunar Roadstar, we looked before buying this model, for a twin bed solution but found the Autotrail to be too short in the beds and the Auotocruise does not have the 175ltr fridge freezer.
Any ideas what models we could look at with a 55K budget.

Regards Tony

OP
OP
cobmonster

cobmonster

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi all, just back from sunny south of France:cry:. I now have a dilema, we need twin beds instead of the fixed double currently in the Lunar Roadstar, we looked before buying this model, for a twin bed solution but found the Autotrail to be too short in the beds and the Auotocruise does not have the 175ltr fridge freezer.

Regards Tony

No ideas then, now I know why I am finding it hard to find the holy grail.:Sad:

Tony

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Tony,

Theres a few options on my website for you to ponder over:thumb:

Wherabouts do you live in Wokingham, small world, I live on the Sandhurst Road, Finchampsted!

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
We have just taken delivery of an Adria Izola which has twin full size beds in the back, also has extra cushion and pull out to convert it to super king but we leave it as singles, that was the whole reason for purchasing it.

Comes out about £48k from Chelstons.

Any more questions just ask.

Kevin

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
both burstner and euromobil do a rear single bed version as well as adria. not sure of the model nos though.

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Our Hobby doesn't have twin beds as such but it does have the (so-called) double bed in the rear and another permanent double one over the cab. not so romantic maybe, but when you are full-timing, it is nice to be able to stretch out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Regards Tony

Well within your budget!

2008 Karmann-Mobil Ontario 670 Fiat Ducato X250 160 Multijet Power 2999cc Turbo Diesel ManualLength: 22' 1" (6.72m)Layout: Rear Bunks / Forward LoungeHeight: 10' 7" (3.22m)Berths: Four BerthMileage: 2050
Specification: This 2008 Karmann-Mobil Ontario 670 is the only one of it's kind in the UK and it is going to make someone very happy. This twin rear bunk and forward lounge Motorhome is perfect for cruising the continent and with a Truma gas combi boiler and heater, a separate shower and wash room, on board waste and water tanks, three burner gas hob and gas grill/oven, full size fridge/freezer, external 230v mains socket, all round blinds and flyscreens, full sized Heki rooflight in living area and a massive bed over the cab that folds away to give excellent headroom. The bottom rear bunk folds away to make a spacious garage area. Extras include a Fiamma awning, alarm and bike rack as well as cab air-con and cruise control.

ext_DSCN2371.jpg

add2_DSCN2376.jpg
add1_DSCN2375.jpg

OP
OP
cobmonster

cobmonster

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi Tony,

Theres a few options on my website for you to ponder over:thumb:

Wherabouts do you live in Wokingham, small world, I live on the Sandhurst Road, Finchampsted!

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for the help, we are in Chestnut Avenue, A.C. Young & Son Builders.:thumb::Cool:
You may have seen our vans around.
Tony

OP
OP
cobmonster

cobmonster

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
We have just taken delivery of an Adria Izola which has twin full size beds in the back, also has extra cushion and pull out to convert it to super king but we leave it as singles, that was the whole reason for purchasing it.

Comes out about £48k from Chelstons.

Any more questions just ask.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin taking a look in a minute.
Tony

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
No problem, if you like the idea your more than welcome to have a good dig around at one of the rallies.

I would say the biggest downfall i have found so far is straight out of the gate they only have 300k of usable weight, so you have to have them upgraded to 3.8 tonne to give you the 600k to be able to stick bike racks and A frames on etc.

Kevin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back