What new pleasures have you found in Lockdown? (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Enjoying the peace and quiet, reading history books, and revisiting books I haven't opened in years. Also scrolling through Just Giving pages and donating odd amounts to people I don't know.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
During the first lockdown, when the swimming pool closed and I needed to find a new way of getting exercise, I started trampolining. Kids have grown up and we had nearly got rid of the trampoline in the garden and I’m so glad we didn’t, it’s such good fun! Since the weather turned cold and wet I bought a small one to use inside!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Hi AnnB are you talking about ‘Wentworth’ puzzles if so maybe you have some to sell then ?
Have you seen Wentworth jigsaws on Ebay? The prices are incredibly high. I've seen people pay substantially more for a secondhand jigsaw than they would pay new from Wentworth.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Have you seen Wentworth jigsaws on Ebay? The prices are incredibly high. I've seen people pay substantially more for a secondhand jigsaw than they would pay new from Wentworth.
Yes I know, we have a really nice portfolio of Wentworth Jigsaws from 40 piece to 1000. My daughter has made a fortune buying and selling them. She was very lucky ( not for the shop) to buy a stack of brand new ones from a shop which decided to close for good during the first lockdown, at least one of these sold for twice the normal retail price even after it has been made up. madness 😂😂

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Jan and I have just discovered this game. I play it in bed in the morning whilst waiting for Jan to bring me my coffee and freshly cooked croissants...:love:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Started travelling the world! Currently in the Caribbean
Not really though - bought the new Microsoft Flight Simulator which features the whole world as scenery that you can view from a variety of aeroplanes. Years ago I used to have a PPL but gave it up when it became too expensive so now reliving the fun I had then and also "flying" new aircraft that I could only have dreamed about.

Downside is that it's now cost me the next 10 years Christmas money to buy the kit needed to get the best out of it - it would have been far cheaper to go to Morocco........!

Bren has been sorting out all her old magazines for crafting - big load to the tip last week - and is now working on boxes of old VHS tapes that we've now either got on DVD (she's sorted those too) or I've been able to download. Another couple of boxes for the tip, or the charity shop for the pre-recorded ones.

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I'm back into cycling (well, 16.5 miles anyway) which I do Monday to Friday... It's great to get out for an hour regardless of the weather!
I bought an exercise bike instead, no need to go in the cold with that.
ezee

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
I bought an exercise bike instead, no need to go in the cold with that.
ezee
I had a Wattbike for a while but it’s really no substitute for a real bike.. no wind, no balancing required.. OK but not for me..

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
A water rowing machine.

Sounds like rowing a real boat. Close eyes, listen to nice music, and row.

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Discovered The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle. Wish I’d heard of him before. Has transformed the way I think about life.
Never walked so much, amazing wants on your door step when you look.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back