Nov 7, 2016
world
Funster No
MH
who knows
Exp
- -
Hi,

I am looking to buy a motorhome to use to take my children to sailing events and possibly skiing. There are five of us and I am struggling to find something that ticks all the boxes.

I like the idea of a twin bed/rear lounge layout rather than bunks. A storage garage is important too as is ability to stay warm in winter.

The Adria-Izola-A697-SL comes close - but it would be better if it had an extra travelling seat and an extra bunk. Others I am thinking of are a Ci Carioca 746 or a Detheleff Sunlight model (not sure which one).

Any suggestions of what I should consider are very welcome.

Many thanks,

D

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
'02 Euramobil 636 or similar. two heaters make it good for winter but no garage (use a trailer)?

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Euramobil if you're planning to go skiing.
Something like this ?
Link Removed
:hiya2::welcome3:

OP
OP
E

evansdch

Free Member
Nov 7, 2016
world
Funster No
MH
who knows
Exp
- -
Thanks for the suggestions. The Activa 820 looks amazing. Unfortunately it costs about twice as much as I'd like to spend. It's huge too but being a newbie I am not sure how much of a problem this might prove to be. Do twin rear axles mean more costs? What about MHs with four rear wheels on the same axle?

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Almost the same difference. Both will provide greater payload. Twin will be front wheel drive & probably cheaper. Twin probably rear wheel drive & better for traction.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for the suggestions. The Activa 820 looks amazing. Unfortunately it costs about twice as much as I'd like to spend. It's huge too but being a newbie I am not sure how much of a problem this might prove to be. Do twin rear axles mean more costs? What about MHs with four rear wheels on the same axle?
Twin rear axle/tandem axle will potentially cost a lot more if you use toll roads in France class4, I say potentially as some people say they get away with not being charged the correct toll if they are under 3 metres tall, four wheels on the same rear axle will be rear wheel drive and will give better traction in mud and snow. But depending on the chassis that it is built on it will usually make the overall height greater.

Don't be too worried about the van being "huge" especially with 5 people living in it.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif