What Motorhome? Want power and towing capacity. (1 Viewer)

Springer993

Free Member
Nov 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Not yet
Exp
Novice
Hi, thanks for the registration. I'm new and somewhat lost. Primary purpose of the MH will be to tow my race car, so a GTW headroom of near 2000 kg is a prerequisite. I appreciate motorhomes will never be a ball of fire, but I'd like as much power and torque as possible with a manual box. I guess I'm heading towards a large turbo diesel?

Other than that, I don't want to go any larger than necessary to gain the towing capacity. A fixed bed would be wonderful, but I expect unlikely with any compact design. It's unlikely to often carry more than two and two dogs.

Budget is flexible, I don't mind spending the money if it'll hold the value. No more than ten years old.

Any pointers gratefully appreciated!

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
(y) :hiya2: :welcomesign:

I'm sure you will get the information requested soon enough.

Upvote 0

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
If you are looking fir the bigger type of mh with a fixed bed then Fir your base vehicle to start with you may need to be looking at either a Ford or iveco chassis as these have normally got a 3.5t train weight and most other makes are max 2t train weight. Otherwise a normal long wheelbase sprinter type van would be sufficient for your needs but very cramped !!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Hymer Exsis on a Fiat chassis. Only 6.7m long and has a fixed bed, 2000kg towing capacity. Train weight of 5500KG.

Oh and welcome! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back